Problem with xbox 360, cant change settings

Currently, there is a “pass code” we have to type in each time to access the xbox live account. I dont want this on anymore, so under account management, I go to the “change pass code” section. From here, it asks me to enter the code. I do. Next, it says “enter new code, or press A to clear”. When I press A to clear it, it says “code cleared”, but its not really cleared. It still requires the old pass code.

If I repeat the above steps, and change the code to something else, it also doenst work and still requires me to use the old pass code.

Any clue why its doing this?? I want to get rid of this, but something is acting up. Its as if the system is completely ignoring its commands. This is the only issue I am having though, everything else seems to work fine, including downloading content, playing content off of the hard drive, etc… So, I dont think its a hardware issue.

Any ideas?

–mark

I may have found one way. Supposedly if you delete the account, and then use the xbox live recovery tool to pull your account back onto the xbox, all pass code information is deleted. This seems like a ridiculous workaround, but, I guess i’ll do it if it works.

–mark

Did it work?

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:3,topic:25270"”]

Did it work?

[/quote]

I’m at work now :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll find out when I go home and try it out.

Ahhh, makes sense. PM’d

this does work actually. apparently they finally figured out that the “pass code” was a waste of time and effort.

[quote=“neonglh,post:2,topic:25270"”]

I may have found one way. Supposedly if you delete the account, and then use the xbox live recovery tool to pull your account back onto the xbox, all pass code information is deleted. This seems like a ridiculous workaround, but, I guess i’ll do it if it works.

–mark

[/quote]

Yeah, I just dont know why its not working in the meanwhile, just clearing it. It must be some conflict somewhere with the software.

–mark

It worked. I changed the gamertag for 10 bucks too, while I was at it. its now:

SIQQQ

Hot gamertag