Just a heads up, xbox 360 live bans happening again

Know there are quite a few of you with modded consoles on here. Just got a call from a friend saying he was banned. Always stealth checked his games through ABGX, never played pre-release games. My 360 was signed in to live at the time so I shut it off, but if I’ve done something to be detected it will already be stored and just waiting for the ban batch to get to me.

More info here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=694798&st=0

Gotta pay to play :slight_smile:

no you don’t

PS3 FTW

but I wouldnt expect a bunch of gay tonys to ever understand it.
Thanks for the heads up Jay, I’ll let some friends know.

i might as well start now searching for another to mod lol, was not banned as of last night tho.

somehow I got lucky and have both a PS3 and a XBOX360. I like the PS3 much better and I play free games on the xbox lol Besides Gears of War there’s nothing I really want it for. Killzone 2 has become my favorite shooter. Crossing my fingers that I wont get banned however, lots of friends play COD on the XBOX.

ahhh PS3 sucks! The online server for PS3 blows. it lags hardcore and times out a lot. Xbox 360 ftmfw.

Will all of you shut the fuck up about “PS3 is better”, “no xbox is better”. No one gives a shit and a bunch of fanboy cock stroking wasn’t what I created this thread for.

i figured a nice wave of bans would happen around now with COD coming out.

Well, my brother in law’s still hasn’t been banned. I guess I’ll toss my modded on back on the network and see what happens. I still haven’t seen any good theories as to what caused the bans. Last time it was a bad rip of Saints Row 2 and Gear 2 that was floating around.

One friend who has a modded console and got banned hasn’t played any burns other than NHL 10 and Beatles Rock Band, neither of which were pre-release rips.

360mods seems to think it’s a pre-release play issue. NHL 10, modern warfare 2, and forza 3 seem to be main culprits. I’ve been playing a shit ton of NHL 10 but didn’t get it early, will have to check tonight.

Yeah, my friend who got banned has never played anything pre-release though. Not just he didn’t play it with the network cable disconnected like some people wrongly believe is safe either. He flat out has never played a game until a couple days after the release date.

I’ve seen a few people speculating it’s ABGX and it’s “auto-patch”. For all the theories I’ve seen so far that one makes the most sense.

oh, also hacking your gamerscore seems to be one of the triggers. They probably banned for like 5 or 6 things at once if I know M$ to try to make it look more random.

Meh, even if I am banned, Walmart is selling 360 Arcades on Saturday for $199 with a $100 gift card. Two games makes it worth it.

damn…sucks.

ive been only playing nhl10 for a while now, but ive been ok.

waiting on COD though. had to flash my xbox again last night to the 1.61 FW

yeah, wanna do mine again? I already downloaded COD so I’m gonna need that

yea we can do it up

i went to jump on to play NHL10 with a friend and he was banned. had the 1.6 FW and the only game he played was NHL which was verified.

not good.

I still haven’t seen anyone who makes their own backups using a kreon drive get banned. I’m really leaning toward a bunch of bad stealth files in ABGX and all those people who have been patching images basically painted a bullseye on their console for MS.

My cousin told me something big was coming with a smile at a wedding a couple weeks ago.
This must have been it.

Can you punch him in the face for me? kthx

oh man im gonna try now cause if i cant play modern warfare when i pick it up im gonna be silly upset. Thanks for the heads up JayS