Just a heads up, xbox 360 live bans happening again

Sorry he buys me stuff at the company store for cheap. Just got Forza for $30.

This doesn’t affect those with hacked hdd’s right? I know they messed with those people really early on, but wasn’t sure if they still did.

Guess WalMart will see a lot of banned gamers tomorrow morning for the Arcade Xbox for $199 with $100 egift card.

i have a modded HDD and i was fine when i tested an hour ago.

i should check mine again, playing MW unplugged

yea…ive been playing nhl only as of late. as of last night i was ok. i prob wont play COD until it is released

I’m wondering if NHL is one of the ABGX games that has bad DMI/PFI/SS data since that and beatles rock band were the only two burned games my friend who get banned played.

My brother in law still isn’t banned, plays Gears 2, R6V2 and the SpiderMan games.

My modded console hasn’t been plugged in since the bans started figuring I’d wait and see what was causing the bans before I went back on. If I did something they can detect it’s already stored on the box though and I’ll just get banned the next time I sign on.

well i just got banned and I haven’t played any new games at all. It could have been my HDD but i hope not, I am not sure where my old one went and i really don’t want to shell out 200 to microsoft for one of theirs… Not really sure but whatever I’m going to get an arcade console monday, it was a great run :slight_smile:

im playing NHL right now…no ban. I’ve played early release and at least 40 burned games.

Im pretty sure its cause i had COD4 Ripped to my HDD thats all i can think of, I havent played any new burned games in a real long time.

damn rob…that blows :frowning:

decided to check again and as of 30 seconds ago im still ok. (knock on wood)

have you ripped any games to your xbox? cause that seems to be the only factor that is different that I know of.

not lately. last one i did was nhl 09

the only one i had ripped currently was COD4… I guess people still don’t know how they picked them out but I just picked up and arcade system and a 60 gb hdd i decided that was a dumb idea and im taking it back for the elite but i don’t know how to tell if it is one of the good elite systems or not does anyon know what to look for?

still not banned here, i dont understand what the big deal about ripping games to the HDD?, cant wait 5 seconds more to load?, i dunno.

not sure which elite is good rob, i havent really looked since mine was fixed and has been running fine. I think you can flash pretty much any drive now tho, but again im not 100% sure.

i played my burned NHL on live for 6 hours last night… no problem. :gotme:

Burning COD and forza3 tonight, skunk you’ll have to stop by for a couple min some time this week :gay:

I"ve been thinking about modding mine, but the bs with the constantly updating when the push these updates out have been rough. PLUS with the continuation of the updates flowing through in the new few months has me hesitant. i may wait after they integrate face book and all that shit in there at the end of the month(supposedly) before i get the desire to want to mod it again.

new firmware is in the works

source: xbox-scene.com

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=695817

For those unable to find it.

This is really interesting because it has never been an issue with the firmware when people were banned. MS has never been able to detect modded firmware but C4eva’s statement of “all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans” makes me think MS may have found a way to see the hacked firmware in this latest ban wave.

Guess I’ll be leaving my modded but not banned console offline for a bit longer. :slight_smile:

From the xbox scene thread:

I’ve just brought a new 360 to replace my banned one, liteon 7xxxx

Should have read this thread 1st, as I flashed it with 1.6 with ck3 for power and went online for some MW2 original.

1 hour in and I was disconnected from live, tried to reconnect and was told I was banned.

This Console was brand new and never had a backup in it, online for no more than an hour playing original of MW2 and got banned.

To me this is obvious that they’re detecting the firmware.

I’m not bitching as it was my choice to mod the firmware, well done M$. M$ 2 BM 0.

At least now I have my brother Chrimbo present sorted.

That pretty much confirms it. MS is detecting the firmware, not the rip this time.

Further proof:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=695815&st=0

quick everyone flash back to original