Banned from XBox Live

So I got banned from XBox Live for playing that Forza 3 I linked before.

If any of you are actively playing that game, I suggest not playing it on Live until you can get the full version.

Just an FYI.

I was banned due to “playing a pre-release title.” It doesnt’ actually say which one.

so uhhh… wtf you gotta do to gte unbanned?

haha I talk so much shit on there too. I’m still amazed I haven’t gotten banned.

I play on the underground channell so I cant talk shit to 12 y/o kids.

oh man that sucks… can you get un-banned?

So let me get this straight. You obtained a copy of a game that has not yet been released. You then played said game on XBox Live, which is owned an operated by Microsoft, who has a hand in the creation of all games for their console.

Please tell me you actually wanted to get banned, cause if you honestly thought you’d get away with playing an unreleased game on XBox live…

…:facepalm

que idiota

You obviously know nothing of burned XBox 360 games.

All the games are technically ‘stealth’ed’ meaning the probability of getting caught is very slim to none. However, not all ‘posters’ (the people who make the torrents) do the necessary steps to stealth their copy. I should have checked the game via ABGX. I’ve been playing burned games for 2 years without issue.

Games I’ve played on XBL without issue prior to release:

Madden 10
Madden 09
NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 09
NBA 2K10
NBA 2k9
NBA Live 10
NHL 10
NHL 09
Grid
Dirt
Dirt 2
And a bunch of others…

This is the first game to ever cause a problem. I should have checked it with ABGX.

No. There is no way to get unbanned. People have tried calling Microsoft giving any excuse known to man and people on the phone refuse to do anything. It’s MS policy to basically ignore such calls.

So your pretty much fucked aside from buying a new CD Drive/Xbox?

New XBox is the only way.

I might end up doing that. Sell this one (which is just 2 months old) for like $200 (I paid close to $300) to someone who doesn’t play online at all (I used to not play online, but with games like NBA 2k10 downloading rosters every time you log in, I started to use Live more and more) and go get myself another pre-modded 360.

You’re right, I don’t know diddly about burned XBox games. I choose to play by the rules.

That’s your choice. Whatever floats your boat bro. I choose not to spend $60 on a game and then run the risk of being disappointed with it. A good example of this would be NBA Live the last 4 or 5 years. WHAT AN UTTER JOKE OF AN NBA VIDEO GAME.

Some games, like Forza 3, are worth buying (I already own Forza 2) and I WILL be buying that game. And technically, if you think about it, I’m not exactly getting games for ‘free’. I’m paying $59.90 for high-speed internet access, each dual layer DVD is around $10. It’s still costing me money, just not as much.

Doesnt seem worth it to me to possibly have to buy a new xbox just to get a game for free…

Get a gamefly subscription if you play games that much…

I plan on getting gamefly soon if i decided I like using my xbox for games

This normally doesn’t happen since most uploaders ABGX their games. This guy must have not. Like I’ve said, I’ve been playing burned games for a long time without issue. If they are properly stealthed, it’s hard to get banned.

Regardless it fucks you out of 300 bucks…

Even if you sell it to someone for 200 bucks your out 100 every time.

If you only play a few games at a time and arent buying 3-4 games a month id think it would make more sense to just to buy them. Seems to me it seems liek your saving money off the bat but whe something like this happens you lost money

Well too each his own. Just wanted to let people know.

I, like you, choose not to spend $60 on a game and then run the risk of it sucking. But unlike you I read reviews and look at gameplay videos before I every game I buy. If I am still iffy I either rent it or find a friend that has it and try it out.

Not hating on you, I’m just not sympathetic in the least bit. You broke the rules and you got what you deserved.

Damn, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up even though I don’t know how to do that shit :lol

Yeah even if the game is “stealthed” playing it online before its released is just dumb. I am not playing Soul Silver DS on WiFi, because it doesn’t release till May.