Product Review: Cheap OBDII scanner from Ebay

After dealing with the problems with my wife’s car I decided it was time to get a scanner. I ordered a cheap one off Ebay figuring I’d take the chance, and maybe fight with my CC company if they thing was a complete bust. I picked a seller with good feedback and was selling one that met the CAN standard as well as regular OBD2.

This one to be exact:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB…tem=4627302611

Results:
Buy It Now on Friday, $54.99 + $8 shipping.
Arrived today?!?! (Never thought that would happen coming from CA).

Nice professionally sealed package, instruction book, and codes CD. Not some hack job with bubble wrap, but a plastic, “impossible to open without destroying it”, package like most items sold in retail. Unit is powered from the car, so you have to write down or remember the codes, but hey, it’s not a $300 unit. Hooked it up to the wife’s car and it showed the same code the expensive reader at autozone did, just without the description. No problem, flipped through the book that came with it, found the code, “Misfire in Cyl 1”, just like the autozone scanner said. Press the enter button and the option is there to delete the code.

So, I give it :tup: :tup:

good find, and great idea to let the rest of us know :tup:

So that’s what the fridge money went to :slight_smile:

Ha… that plus a reman injector, plus some beer for my little beer fridge in the basement.