Project 180sx Kouki Rejuvenated

Hey guys, so I’ve been away from this forum for almost 2 years now. I’ve had my car in storage in that time. As some of you know, I was contemplating selling the vehicle back in 2008-09. But in the end I didn’t have the heart to get let her go. Probably the main reason why I pondered selling the car was because I simply got bored after the project was completed. So to rejuvenate my passion to start tinkering with the car again, I decided that the only thing to move forward with the project would be to start upgrading the engine components and make the car a little more fun to drive, in comparison to what the stock SR20 offered. Here are some updated (in progress) pics of the car…

For those that don’t remember the car, this is what she looked like in 2007 at Bing’s Meet

The past 2 years she sat pretty stationary and collected a bit of dust, as you can see

The stock T25 turbo, manifold and outlet pipe were stripped and sold. The mafs and injectors were also pulled in order to be upgraded for the new setup

This arrived in the mail a few days ago

You might not notice this in the pics, but the car is sitting on stock suspension. I pulled the Tein HA’s and swapping them from a set of Kei Office. While the weather is good I plan on installing a few of the upgraded parts. But my goal is to have her back on the road for spring 2011 with new feel. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. I’m looking forward to meet some of the newer members of the forum, and of course running into the older veteran members at the meets is always a pleasure!

o wee so clean and hawt. Btw should move this to the “builds” section.

^agree, car looks really clean, very nice maybe i’ll see you around brampton when you get your car on the road

Man, I remember drooling over this car when you were selling it. Wanted it so bad. Glad to see it’s back in action. Looking forward to some updates.

yea i remember wanting to buy this car. thing looks mint.

The turbo looks nice.

Nice to see this car back. Tomei turbo will refresh that engine bay for sure, is it that the non-ball bearing one?
I’m also very interested in the outcome. Post more pictures man.

you are going to regret the Tomei Turbo and the Kei Office coils… both poor choices…

anyways… welcome back :slight_smile:

Love your car Tony, should have picked this up off you back then. lol. looking good.

anyone else think the relief lettering on the tomei turbo is a bit… garish?

I would have to agree considering the size of the turbo itself. Yeah Adam this is the journal bearing turbo. It was new on the market and I thought I’d try it out. Was going to opt for the gt2871r, but went this route instead.

x2

however… this is without a doubt, my single favorite s-chassis in ontario.

welcome back tony, are you still competing over in thailand?

Thanks! No I havn’t competed in Thailand since 2008. Been competing in Alberta and New York as of recent. Hopefully something local sometime soon though.