Project 180sx Kouki Update! *Pics*

Hey guys, thought I would share some pics you guys. Some of you guys probably saw my car at the last meet on October 22nd. I only put the car back on the road this past October, since then I had the car stored and have been working on it for the past 1 year 10 months. I took quite a lot more time than I thought I would to have the car built, but a university student’s budget is pretty slim. I have owned the car since I was 16, and didn’t have the heart to get rid of it. The car is a 1990, and was originally red. My and a few buddies did all the work ourselves, except for the paint and body restoration.

I basically have a full 180sx Kouki conversion with all OEM parts, SR20DET S13 Blacktop swap, and a couple bolt-ons (nothing serious). I just stored the car for winter yesterday, so it will give me some time to work out some of the small loose ends. The pics in the daylight are before I installed my Tein HA’s, so that is reason the car looks like a 4x4. I have wheels that I haven’t put on yet, which are the ultra rare 5zigen FN10-RC’s (enter sarcasim here). I still have to finish putting back the interior, and the engine bay needs some cleaning.

I will post some “before” pictures soon, so you guys can see what a wreck the car looked like before. I will also post my 1/4 mile time, sonce I scan my timeslip. I have a few plans for the motor over the winter. Mainly building the head, and hopefully uprgrading the turbo. It really feels good to drive the car again, after that long of a time. So tell me what you think guys. Thanks for the time.

The Greddy R-SPL is a little overkill for my current setup. Hopefully once I upgrade the turbo I can get better use out of it.

As mentioned before, this pic was taken before my suspension was installed.

The rear valeance was the hardest body piece to find. The exhaust is a Greddy/Trust TR EVO II.

I have a full 180sx Kouki interior, the door panels have to be modified to fit the USDM window switches, and the glove box still has to be installed.

I don’t have to many interior mods, other than my Tomei steering wheel. My Tomei short shifter and Tomei boost gauge still have to be installed aswell.

The engine is pretty stock, just a few bolt-ons.

This pic was from the Oct 22nd meet at Square 1.

I had a chance to finally install the Tein Ha’s, now it sits at a better height.

looks well done man. Set of wheels on it and your all done.
You plan to give her the odd beating?

Andrew.

NICE Job!

I was wondering today whether or not you were going to post more pics of your project.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

were did u score all the 180sx type x stuff?

Thanks guys for the compliments. Yeah, I plan to give her the odd beating…I try to take good mateinence of the motor, but I also plan to visit the track more next season. I orginally had this car in mind to do some car shows in the JDM category. But I don’t know how well I will do with all those Hondahs out there. It seems that judges have an eye for the Spoon crap. The FN01-RC’s will go on for next spring, still need some tires. I might get the Advan TCII is money allows. I also still have to install the 5 lug and also install the bigger brakes. I will have my hands full for the winter. As for the Kouki (Type X) stuff, I got pretty much everything from California (brokerge fees suck). I bought everything from a whole bunch of various shops. It was hard to piece everthing together and very expensive, but I guess it was worthwhile in the end.

wooh, that’s wack!! super nice car. i guess i won’t be the only type x in town

sam

i really like this car. Those seats are hot, i saw the fronts going for like $400 u.s on ebay, too expensive for me. As soon as those wheels and Z brakes go on, thats gunna be the hottest s13 around imo.

That’s cool went the Type X route. I only know a handfull of guys that did Kouki conversions, but they all are from Cali. What color are you going with your car? I originally wanted the Kouki purple that is super rare to see on a S13. But I fell in love with the Super Black.

JDM Glass? 180sx…?

climate control…?

Mats…?

onwers manual…english?

all and all its coming together really nice…

i remember your first post a while back when it was a hunk of red in your garage with the engine. its comin out real nice. keep us posted.

I actually have the JDM 180sx glass, but the guy I bought it from sent me a set that didn’t include the moldings. So I gotta source another set. The climate control, mats, and Japanese owners manual would compliment the the theme well. I still have a list of parts I have to source, some items are really hard to find, such as the Kouki power folding mirrors switch. It is fun trying to find these parts, but not so much when you have sell your internal organs to pay for them.

I saw the post on FA. I’m impressed.

Now clean that crack-ass interior of yours.

What’s all the yellow markings on the block.

When I bought the engine it came with those yellow markings on block. I guess that’s what they use in Japan in the junkyards. My buddies B18C5 had the similar yellow markings on it too. I tried using brake cleaner, but that didn’t work. I gotta find some heavy duty stuff to get that crap off. By the way, I will post some before pictures as promised.

Belt sander should do the trick. Was the motor from Varun or someone else?

Oh and you’re gettin owned by PhotoBucket :rofl:

It had better see some action.

hard parking is easy.

Nice car tho.

EDIT: what’re the offsets on the fno1c-r’s?

I bought the motor from some JDM motor place in North York. Varun did however help me with a SR MAF and ignitor chip.

oh, i was originally planning to do the purple too! but now i’m going with blue

sam

go HARDCORE and get some G20 wheels with 20mm spacers!!!

authentic.

0_0 north york have jdm motor place ??
can i have some more information about it ?>
like, do they do the swap ?
hmmmmm. in ur option is it good ?
and some pricing things :stuck_out_tongue:
e-mail me XD L007007007@hotmail.com
thx thx
and damn ur car look nice :twisted:

looks awesome :slight_smile: