S13 now SCRAPPED - **update** Bought a Kouki???

I’ll spare the retardedly retarded details about the fiasco after fiasco with this car over the past year.

fortunately, after finally smartening up and yanking the car from Jeff (racerx) after 5-6 months of frustration i gave it to a competent facility up here in Canada. My buddy Sasha Anis, www.sg-motorsport.com , did more for the car in 1 month than any combination of people did in the previous 14 months. And in the end he will have charged me less too.

to top it all off, he actually gives a shit about the car, something i havent actually experienced, well… ever…

The engine harness had to be replaced and redone a third time… this time uninstalled, ripped apart and gone over wire by wire from scratch by my buddy Gautam then reinstalled.

http://www.bings.ca/files/srharnessdone_new.jpg

I also was persuaded to bite the bullet, so to speak, and bought an AEM EMS, which i am now convinced will cure even the most severe forms of cancer and ED.

Sasha found every single leak and they were easier to find than i was told… in fact… all he really had to do was actually look and not very hard.

Basically nothing was tighened, fittings were loose on the coolant lines causing a huge leak etc etc.

He secured my IC core and redid all the mounts and connections in my exhuast, sent out various pieces for machining etc.

He set up the suspension because i had installed various adjustable arms in the front suspension without aligning it while in storage. Then sent it out for alignment and got it back today.

Over the weekend, Dan from www.u2ndyno.com brought his Dyna-Pack 3000 (i think that is the model) to SG motorsport for some tuning action.

Sasha did all the tuning on the EMS and at 14-15psi these are the graphs:

http://u2ndyno.com/pics/plots/bingpower_crop.jpg

http://u2ndyno.com/pics/plots/bingafr_crop.jpg

320whp and what looks like pretty sick a/f ratios. Those curves are pretty sexy as well i might add.

the car ran 6 times and every graph looked exactly the same.

Huge monumental thanks to Dan @ U2Ndyno for the dyno time, G for the harness, and Sasha @ SG Motorsport for pretty much everything.

I’ll get some more pics of the motor when i pick it up.

We have videos from the dyno sessions too, my turbo will need replacing, it’s spewing some oil…but at this point it doesnt even bother me.

The car is much more faster and stronger than it was when we went to carlisle last year… soooo… where the shit is Rost with that E55?..

fuckign A brother.

congrats bing :slight_smile: i like that turbo alot good choice!

Sick bing, I bet words cannot describe how happy you are. Cant wait to see it!

no actually it’s a total bitter sweetness.

On one hand, “yay the car is almost done”

on the other hand, if a 21 one year old kid (Sasha) can fix this car this fast without any problems why is it that i paid and put up with so much bullshit prior to this?

i dont even want to get into a shit slinging contest but every time sasha calls me up to tell me what he found was fukking things up i just rolled my eyes… first because it happened, second because it took this long to find

I have an arrangement worked out with CARSTAR, since i work at head office now, for some body work. There is still a possibility that the car will be sharpened up and ready for the GPT.

this makes bad memories come to mind… i think 240sx’s are just cursed vehicles

edit: also, not to get involved at all really but Jeff (racerx) helped me out on mine and was able to resolve a lot of issues a few years back when I was trying to get mine done… either way, congrats to getting it together should be fun times :tup:

it’ll all be fine when i break the sound barrier with it

Bing, sign up for Dunnville Day #2 :wink:

when be’s dat shit?

my break pedal is solid like rock sir, must find softness button.

also mike, i am not the type to let others drive my car… just so you know that upfront, so dont ask :slight_smile:

I predict bing navigating around the track in a different manner than most of the rest of us…

perhaps with a lot less grip

[quote=“bing,post:10,topic:31489"”]

when be’s dat shit?

my break pedal is solid like rock sir, must find softness button.

also mike, i am not the type to let others drive my car… just so you know that upfront, so dont ask :slight_smile:

[/quote]

lol, I’ll be bringing my own car for once. :wink: It’s in August.

iono why people assume that i am a total and complete maniac 24/7…

i very likely will not slide at all because i suspect that my vlsd is haxxored.

plus the last thing i want to do is put the car outta commish on day 1.

more details on time and date please?

I thought you were saying last year that your car dynoed at 395whp? Maybe that was a customers car?

glad to hear you got things sorted out finally

[quote=“chino,post:7,topic:31489"”]

this makes bad memories come to mind… i think 240sx’s are just cursed vehicles

[/quote]

hell no, 240’s are nowhere near being cursed vehicles… i miss mine (all 3 of them) dearly!

Good to hear Bing.

Is this the same Sasha I met when Josh and I were doing that trackday with teh 240son guys? The really short kid?

[quote=“TRP951,post:14,topic:31489"”]

I thought you were saying last year that your car dynoed at 395whp? Maybe that was a customers car?

[/quote]

i had never had my car dyno;d before this, so it couldnt have been mine.

however, i may have stated that the car was capable of it, because the motor is built in and out and supposedly should handle 22psi or more, which would put me right in that range… maybe a bit short.

[quote=“Rx3,post:17,topic:31489"”]

Is this the same Sasha I met when Josh and I were doing that trackday with teh 240son guys? The really short kid?

[/quote]

Sasha drives a 1997 SR-S14 that he has built by himself top to bottom for the Ontario Touring Car series.

He will be racing on track at the GPT this year. The kid is basically newman but Canadian, lighter, and instead of being as awesome as newman he is just REALLY REALLY REALLY FAST!

he is seriously beating millionaires in their 600whp vipers, vettes and E46 M3’s and he’s doing it on his own dime… mind you his parents will prevent him from going bankrupt, but still… its awesome x 3

and yeah it is probably the guy you are thinking of

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27513

Bing, go.