proposed str33t rac3: dkid v shady

myself and a fellow member were discussing this topic, everyone with fast cars dont hate, us 14 second cars need a little lovin too (just like the fat chicks) :smiley:

shady= Z31 300ZX turbo

similar-ish mods to shady:

(14.201 @ 97.88)

dkid= 2002 civic si (bolt-ons)

nearly identical mods to dkid:

(14.525 @ 97.48)

from a 30 or 40 rollā€¦ what do you guys think?

:vlad

I think its going to be a good race!

Can I race both of them when theyā€™re done
Iā€™ll stay in 6th gearā€¦:ahh

No srsly, should be an alright race

umm i think shady is gonna ā€œmopā€ up.

Yeah, I didnā€™t want my reply to be that blatant

uhh you donā€™t drive a truck dude, youā€™ll get walked if you leave it in 6th gear

lmao I just noticed thisā€¦

Hahah, Iā€™m downā€¦ When I got on my car in ym backraod I know about the quarter mile markā€¦ when I looked down I was at about 100ā€¦ so well seeā€¦

Im down

and Iā€™d like to say Iā€™d win, but my car still has a few hiccupsā€¦

but remember NA2T wields a bit more power than just an 89 turbo

Yeah for the first run on a cold day maybe.

No intercooler=you hate your life driving hard for any amount of time.

Ehh at stock boost its just fineā€¦ even at say 8lbs I should be alrightā€¦ but yes an intercooler will make things a lot betterā€¦

krammer this kid going to the lot tonight?

Uh idc what boost level youā€™re at, if youā€™re compressing air itā€™s going to get hot quick.

never said it wasnt going to get hotā€¦

but it wont be that bad

its bad, trust me. ive been stuck with an undersized ic for a while. not this season. but last year and on a cold night on the road i could get through a gear or 2 before it got hot, i could never make a solid pass at the track because of it. im gonna do some testing this year with the boost.

Stock boost im not worried about it. Plenty of people with my setup running consistantly on lower boostā€¦ but if I want to go higher for consistancy an IC is a must

it makes some nice torque at a decent RPM that Iā€™ll be able to pull hard once thatā€¦uhhā€¦forceā€¦kicks inā€¦:wink:

Any thoughts on running water/alcohol injection for cooling?

yes sir

There are plenty of cars that came factory turbo with no intercooling. Sure there is more power to be made with one but it certainly can perform properly without one.

Its run accross my mindā€¦ but for now im going for a more ā€œpermanentā€ souloution, I dont have to fill up an innercooler :tongue