Purchasing a Used Car

Hey, I looking at purchasing a 2001 Chevy Prism 68k miles, for $5000, a low-thrill car that supposed to be as reliable as a Toyota. Let me know what you think and if anyone is able to let me use their carfax or any other vin check for 1Y1SK52811Z447562. Thanks.

carfax is clean as a whistle, I just ran it

5G for an 01 prizm sounds high? am i way off here

i know these are excellent daily drivers.

[quote=“Pauly,post:3,topic:38345"”]

[/quote]

perhaps, but they do hold their value very well.

They’re supposed to be as reliable as a Toyota because they ARE a Toyota. The Prizms and Corollas were built side by side. Kind of like current Vibes and Matrices.

Seems kinda high, but who knows. What do same year Corollas sell for?

These things are like civics, they have great resale because they are great cars. They are reliable as a toyota because it is made by toyota. It is a rebaged corolla which I think anybody could really tell you. I was looking at getting a nice one for the wife but strayed away because of their high resale. Reliable 4 bangers are in higher demand with gas prices on the rise.

yeah, and this car was only driven on average about 10-11k per year, and only had one owner(thank you carfax)

no accidents
no odometer rollbacks
buy back guaranteed

My wife had a 96 Prizm for several years. I used to laugh when I would work on it and constantly find Toyota badged parts.

Very reliable little car with great gas mileage. Actually sold it to my father in law and he gave it to his step daughter.

Go for it. I was looking into these cars last year and they seem to be a great buy.

Thanks for the feedback. And especially boardjnky4 for the vin scan. I appreciate it.

[quote=“Pauly,post:3,topic:38345"”]

[/quote]

its not high if the car has been reconditioned, actually pretty good price if it is. where are you getting it?