Purely for Curiosity

The problem with the forum was everyone used to be friends with each other to an extent. I never felt right at home back in the UBRF days 5 years ago for that reason, everyone knew each other and had a nice car and knew a shit ton about it…or was eager to learn. Now this place has expanded to a massive member base, and it’s just no longer a strong fellowship but a big community with tons of outsiders. I enjoyed UBRF back in the day more, but only because I felt like I had an idea of who everyone was. Now most the members I don’t know are quiet about themselves, not even saying what part of WNY they’re from, what they drive, or much of anything almost hiding behind their screen names. Every time I come on here, I see threads full of screen names I haven’t seen before, and have to decipher if its someone under a new name, or more likely some random 18 year old on here just wiling out in OT. I don’t know…shit isn’t the same anymore and it hasn’t been. I know I’m not the biggest car enthusiast in the game here, but I am more then familiar with them…I just have much bigger priorities and investments in my life to make as of now. But I used to love lurking around late at night when I was younger, reading the tensions between two people (usually an import driver versus a domestic, right around now…winter time) verbally duking it out…about their CARS. that’s always as bad as it got back then, and it got settled a few months later…well it never did work out like that really but you get the idea.

regardless, that’s my two cents from a long time reader that’s been here since sometime in 2002…here being this community formally known as UBRF, and now NYspeed. as for my car situation, i hope to be joining the S2000 owners soon, depending if I decide to leave the country or not. so even though i am stagnant now, i will return. it’s not easy having to sacrifice some things for others…i miss owning a car worth driving…but you have to make sacrifices to make gains in life.