put some suspension on last nite...

me, s14m3, and our friend kurt put bilsteins, a prokit, and bmr swaybars on my car last nite. So far i’m very happy with it, except for a bad lca bushing that is annoying as hell. The car has almost no body roll and handles a ton better. I’m happy with the drop, now i just can’t wait to get my zr1’s back on so i can really push it. I know :gives:

cool…cant wait to take a ride in it brian!!!

Dropped Fbody = t3h win.
http://www.norcal-ls1.com/multimedia/data/500/296IM0016091-med.jpg

-TJ

ya in cali!!!

The roads suck just as much out here. I need an alignment bad. Slammed on 500# coils + potholes = loses alignment after a few months.

-TJ

http://www.echo23.com/pics/newskool/legoland/huge_boat.jpg

wow!!! ur front is loooooooooooooooow, look at all that negative camber. how often do u go through front tires. O yea once i get the rest of my car finished which will be never i want ur same suspension setup koni’s are just so damn expensive.

Hey LT1power how much of a drop did you do? I would love to take a spin on a windy road in that thing…also try to post some pics of it

i think its like 1.25 all the way around. Maybe me, greenz, and you can meet up some time i’d be happy to take you for a ride. Hopefully i’ll have the rest of my suspension by then. I’ll try and get some pics up later this week when I put my zr1’s on.

:yum: i like it

It’s on ground control Coil-Overs so I have it dumped pretty far. I run 1.4 degrees negative camber right now. I wanted 1.5 but 1.4 was all I could get outta the stock K-member and A-arms. Once the new K/As are in I’ll run -1.5 maybe a hair more. I get about 10k outta a set of fronts, the outside will still be 1/2 life but the inside is shot. I could get them swapped rim-to-rim and get some more life though. However, my AutoX tires wear perfectly even suggesting a nice even contact patch under hard turning which is what I’m shooting for.

-TJ

Are you going to do subframe connectors too? I think that’s my next mod after I get my tranny cooler & shift kit on and get everything tuned.

yea next on the list is relocator bracket, torque arm, and subframe connectors. then i’ll have every single susp. piece you can get except for front a arms.

I highly highly recommend SFCs. I never did 'em cuz I wanted to stay in ESP. I’ve driven many other Fbodies w/ them and they really do make a world of difference. I finally put my Wolfe 6-Point Roll Bar in and that really helps make up the difference. The car feels so much better, it’s unbelievable. Even though I have the bar I still plan to do SFCs when my A-Arms finally show up since the K and As will kick me outta ESP anyway.

:cliffnotes: Every Fbody should have SFCs.

-TJ

:wtf:

I believe Mikey was making a subtle hint at Fbodies being “boats.” :rolleyes:

-TJ

ahhh silly mike!