Putting 6 inch wide wheels on a car designed for 6.5

Alright heres the deal, i need to get wheels for my rsx for the summer. I am on a tight budget and found a set of 16x6 wheels that will fit. Stock wheels are 16x6.5. Will I run into problems? Will handling be drastically changed? I know im gonna get a lot of flame for this, but its not for performance, strictly cuz i need something with summer tires…i dont wanna run around on my snows all year long.

i think if u got wheel spacers it should be ok.

are the tires any thicker? Then it shouldn’t be a big issue. I have 16x7 for my summer wheels and 15x6 for my snows and there’s hardly a difference in handling. (the 15’s have a smoother ride, that’s it)

So let me get this straight… you want to put narrower wheels on for summer than you are running in winter? I think you’ve got things backwards. Use the skinny wheels for the snow tires and the wider wheels for summer.

Then pay to have your tires dismounted and summer tires mounted.

$ tire mounting < $ buying new rims

:ham::ham:

i just got a ssc 16x7 avail at sears there black with chrome lip and 340 for the set

:word:

so wheel spacers?

So the wheels you found came with tires…?

I doubt you’ll need spacers.

What size tire are you running right now, and what size will you be running on these wheels?

205/55/16 i have to see what the new ones are, but stock eclipse size

what is the offset? If you dont know then what car did the wheels come from?

dont know the offset, come on a stock eclipse

You might want to test fit them first if you can.

Did you find out the size of the tires on the eclipse wheels?

I don’t understand why you’re being this retarded…please explain your logic behind this decision.

Like others have said. $50 to swap snow to summer tires will be cheaper than buying wheels and summer tires.

yeah, the first time around.

I don’t have any summer tires right now…the only tires i have laying around are 225/45/17…stock wheels are 16 so thats not gonna work. I am either looking for 17’s to fill those tires, or 16s with tires. I found the 16s with tires but they are only 6 inches wide. I’m not stupid, just very poor right now :frowning:

so save up for different wheels? summer is a way off still.

you have a 2055516 you can get a 80,000 mile yokohama off tire rack for like 70 a tire