Opinions on wheels and tires...

I’ve been looking into buying nice summer wheels for the Spyder, so for the past week I’ve been looking around for types and prices, this is what I think I’m settling on.

*Note- I don’t have the money for extremely pricey wheels, but at the same time, I’m not looking at buying cheap ones either.

The wheels:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/borbet/swap/bor_type_fs_ci3_l.jpg
Borbet Type FS Bright Silver 18 inch

The tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/kumho/ku_ecsta_asx_ci2_l.jpg
*Kumho Ecsta ASX 225/40-18 (All season)

http://photos-446.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v172/59/33/692180446/n692180446_1804447_4526.jpg
*Obviously not the same color, but what they would look like on the car.

Pricing with mounting and everything comes to roughly $1,200.

-Discuss.

If they’re summer tires get SPT’s not ASX’s.

your car will look retarded with 18" wheels and no suspension drop… they ride like 4X4’s

get some eibach pro kit springs

SUMMER TIRES…MXs or Azenis…like the wheels…but as far as wheels get what u like…everyone hates my wheels…i love them

[quote=“MaximaSE98,post:4,topic:40144"”]

SUMMER TIRES…MXs or Azenis…like the wheels…but as far as wheels get what u like…everyone hates my wheels…i love them

[/quote]

yea, but thats because you suck, and we dont… :walter:

Il take my real 6spd over ur auto

:mamoru:

sorry Bryan I love ya…and ur M3

[quote=“Fry,post:2,topic:40144"”]

If they’re summer tires get SPT’s not ASX’s.

[/quote]

I was thinking about just getting summer tires, but this is my DD, so i figured the all seasons would give me the dry and wet handling I need to get through beginning of spring to fall. My only concern is can i get away with this with the summer tires? If so then I’m all for them

[quote=“Viper966,post:3,topic:40144"”]

your car will look retarded with 18" wheels and no suspension drop… they ride like 4X4’s

get some eibach pro kit springs

[/quote]

I definetly hear ya, my only concern is raising the car back up come winter tho, are these adjustable?

[quote=“MaximaSE98,post:4,topic:40144"”]

[/quote]

Thats what I figured too, its my car, my choice, but opinions still count a bit I guess lol

[quote=“Motocrossx23,post:9,topic:40144"”]

I was thinking about just getting summer tires, but this is my DD, so i figured the all seasons would give me the dry and wet handling I need to get through beginning of spring to fall. My only concern is can i get away with this with the summer tires? If so then I’m all for them

[/quote]

As long as you have winter tires then the SPT’s will be fine. I had them on my Jetta. They were great for the price in dry and wet, and I autocrossed with them and they worked pretty well considering my n00b point and shoot driving style. :stuck_out_tongue:

Granted there’s nothing wrong with ASX’s, just that you can have a little more fun with SPT’s as long as you aren’t lazy about switching back in the fall.

Here is what u do…dont sell ur stockers and use them for winter next winter get some Hakkas or Blizzaks…put them on ur stockies…that way i can dedicated summers and winters…as far as lowering…I have driving thru buffalo with as much as a 2" drop in my maximas…never had a problem…MXs will be decent in the rain IMO better than Azenis…but if ur really set on the ASXs or SPTs go SPT and next winter spend some money on snow tires

[quote=“Motocrossx23,post:9,topic:40144"”]

[/quote]

ASX’s are a good all around tire, with exception ot snow/ice where they become worthless. I have some on my SHO and gave them a shot last winter, needless to say they didn’t work out so well.

A dedicated summer tire will be fine for spring-fall driving. People have done it with drag radials, no reason a summer tire would be any worse.

[quote=“MaximaSE98,post:11,topic:40144"”]

as far as lowering…I have driving thru buffalo with as much as a 2" drop in my maximas…never had a problem…

[/quote]

definetly no problem, just know how to handle it and its fine.

my last winter car was becks old mkIII jetta with cut springs all around tucking tire in the rear. it was fine as well.

:tup: to 5 spokes

:tup: to no chrome

:tdown: to stock ride height

:tdown: to all seasons…

Yeah those are nice, I do like these though, there not cheap but the white and bronze would be hot, and please got springs first, you will regret it if you dont.

http://www.aspecproducts.com/forums/evoM/volk/re30/re30instock/lybronze.jpg

I like the rims, classy five stars.

Haha, thanks everyone, yeah I think I will go with SPTs, and actually TireRack.com has a special offer on Eibach Pro Kit Springs I might just buy when I order the wheels. 1.6" drop front and rear so that would work out pretty good. I’m keeping my stock wheels actually to throw winters on them come next season, I’m biting the bullet this winter and just using the stock ASXs that came with the car (eek) but actually so far so good this winter. I decided on this style 1- Looked Sharp, 2- Affordable, 3- Not very ricey, so I think I’m set on everything come this spring, now I just have to put myself through the grief of having to look at 4 beautiful wheels sitting in the corner of my room till the snow melts and the roads are clean :frowning: lol