Summer tires, any suggestions?

Hey sup all!

I’m looking to buy some brand new summer tires. I had the Yoko AVS ES100 and the Toyo Proxes FZ4 in mind. Anybody had experience with those? Or anybody recommend anything else? I’m looking for stability, grip, sporty ride. I dont mind noise that much, unless it sounds like i’m mowing my lawn at 100+kmh. :lol: I had a deal around 550$CAN all included (tax, balancing, fitting, etc.) for the 4 Proxes. Yokos were a bit more of course, so I’m still not sure yet. I’ve heard Kumhos were also good, but wear out fast. I wouldn’t mind keeping them for like 2 summers, but just 1 would be a pain. I dont shit money… :stuck_out_tongue: So gotta have medium decent treadwear too…

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m looking to buy around mid-april, just in case some of you would offer me something…

Thanks!

I run nitto 450s they are a hard compound they slide pritty good. but traction sucks when its wet. so it you are driving your car alot on shitty surfaces dont get them. but i like them and i drive my car almost every day… i used to run toyo proxies but they wore out pritty quick, (bad camber at the time)
Brent

Okay, instead of talking outta my ass again, I went downstairs and CHECKED which tires I have lol. I have the predecessors to the AVS ES100, the A520. They are wicked sick, therefore the ES100 must pwn. I’ve also heard that the Falken Azenis are great value for the money from people.

Yeah i heard the ES100 were REALLY good, but i dont really have that much $$$ to put on summer tires, since i’ll have to buy brand new winter tires next fall and i tasted Nokian Hakkas last winter and had a blast so i’ll go with this again. So that means around 700$ on winter tires, so i wanna try to save on the summer ones. I was thinking of just buying brand new ones for the rear and wear out my current hakkas on the front. I have no intention on pushing really hard or doing any track with them so i dont think it’s gonna matter that much.

Yea, those are my winters lol… The guy that had the car before me spared no expense on tires, I’m very happy that I received such nice two sets from him. My mom blew one of my winters though… and they were pretty worn, but I know I’ll be buying the same ones for myself.

http://forums.neo240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=4964

falken fk451

awsoem tire so far from ym testing

GT

Yokohama A520, discontinued, very soft, not slick, ( slick intones hard conpound )

Yokohama AVS sports, top of the line sport tyre, I have a set on and I find them to outperform the A520 by light years, ( these are actualy the tread copy of thier formula atlantic ‘wet’ tyre)… best tyre out there right now in my opionion, down side is that they are ~ $320/ea for a 225/40/17 …

Khumo ecsta 711- very good tyre for the money large blocks, reasonable tread life, good drift tyre… ~$100/ea for a 225/45/15

Khumo ecsta supra 712 - better wet weather traction then the 711, light , soft wall tyre ( kevlar bead and belts ) compared to 711, harder compound then the 711 ~$200ea 235/40/17

Falken beta Fk 451 similar to 711, with a bit better grip, similar pricing. ~$220ea 275/40/17

Right now the Azenis is on a blow out sale at Performance Imp. ~ 45% off , the Azenis is discontinued to be replaced with a new tyre not yet here from what I understand.

The Azenis is not getting discontinued at all, its getting repalced with a new tread design…

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/a6/f1/59_1_b.JPG

Well it’s just semantics.

The Azenis Sport is getting discontinued, to be replaced by the Azenis RT615.

one thing i forgot to mention… when you wanna put 205, do you have to go to 205/55 or you can stay with 205/60 like the original 195/60. Cause that old guy in one tire shop told me i had to go down to 205/55. Is it really necessary? Cause i’m seeing some big differences in prices between 205/60 and 205/55. Plus my 240 is not lowered, so if the drop the ratio, it’s gonna look like ass.

Falken Ziex ZE512 205/60/15: 71.96$CAN
same on 205/55/15: 108.51$CAN

That’s on Tiretrends.com

AVS Sport are by far my favorite tires, but as roto mentioned they are too expensive for my budget.

I found that Federal Super Steel 595 are amazing tires for the price. They can be had for less than 100 bones. They have great wet traction, but ware pretty fast. bot for that money you can buy more…I had them on al 4 corners last summer, and the rear ones were toast within 4 months (i did not abuse them - that much) but i still have the fronts on the car for this summer.

SS595
http://www.performancealloys.com/images/products/tyres/large/ss595.jpg

On the rear i am using Hankook Ventus Plus. They have the same tread pattern as the 711s but seem to grip slightly more. But they are still great for sliding, and not that good in the rain.

Hankook Ventus Plus
http://www.superauto.com.mx/images/rines/llantas/hankVentusPls.gif

ST115s seem to be a good choice.

Or, if you have the cash and the time, import Advan Neovas. Canada only sells them in teh ghey sizes.

mmmmm Neova.

What exact tire size are you looking for?

I have installed a set of Falken 215 - P225/45R17 (it`s a treadware of 200) on my 240 - because I wanted max. traction in dry weather.

i’m looking for 205/55/15 or around that. I’m using the factory teardrop wheels with 195/60/15 tires. Minding what i said earlier about the 205/55 or 205/60 thing.

[quote=“got_boost_S13”]

AVS Sport are by far my favorite tires, but as roto mentioned they are too expensive for my budget.[/quote]

??Where do you guys buy tires?? I found them for $250CND/ea in canada…none of that cross border shit. :?

I ran them on one of my DSM’s 225/40/17 as well. Paid $249 tax in and installed each.

This was three years ago too.

I am all about Dnulop FM901’s I ran them last summer they are AMAZING, I know Sasha also really likes them they are the best bang for the buck in all seriousness.

205/55/15 = 116 a tire

I am going to be buying another set for this summer for my new wheels.

FM901s are the way to go if you dont care about sidewall stiffness, on smaller diameter wheels they might pose a problem, but on a stretched 17 / 18 no worries mate!

I think i might get some more to burn up this summer :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t hessitate to purchase another set of g-force KD

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakd.jsp