putting a DVD on my Ipod

finally broke down and got an ipod so I could play it through my Avic D3… anyway… how do I put my DVDs on this bish??

anyone??

encode dvd to mp4 or some shit, really gay, takes forever

with double sided tape?

Get and use Handbrake, Choose encoding option for ipod.

http://handbrake.fr/

http://handbrake.fr/trac/wiki/WindowsGuiGuide

+1 for handbrake

I’ve had good success with Videoera iPod converter as well.

i picked up an older ipod for use with my avic so i could just leave it on there… i wodnered if it would be possible to save videos on it and play it through the D3 even though it is not a video ipod

werd, that’s what I use… works great

I believe DVDfab decryptor also has the option for encoding ipod/psp/ect formats

I got the new nano 8gb which plays video. The D3 is much better with the ipod attached. The MP3 cd sucks, radio suck and even though I have Sirius, that can get boring too.

yea… the ipod interface is pretty awesome imo.

i was going to get a nano but i could get an older gen 15gb or even 30gb for way cheaper. since i figured i’d just be storing it in my car all the time anyways it didn’t matter if the ipod itself looked cool.

i do kind of want to play video though, don’t know how thats going to work

the video part is the reason I got the new nano. I only want to keep one to two videos on it at a time so 8gb should work fine

iv got the 160 gb video classic, yeah it was a bit overkill, but i havent even put a dent in the size capacity of it yet. im still trying to put videos on it. i tried once and got frustrated and gave up.

lol @ 160gb ipod video without a single video on it

haha well theres a few on there, no sound and horrible quality. once i figure it out though, ill be packing this thing with movies.

If only Apple had Creative’s awesome compatibility.

With most creative players all you need to do is drag and drop the .avi file to the player.

Anyway,Allok makes a decent converter.

:word:

creative makes good shit. my computer speakers are so loud.

Great post. Big help. Converted 5 movies today. Thanks!