Question about 96-00 Civic Motor Mount

I haven’t been here in a while. Trying to get stuff right with school and working hard. Anyways, I’m trying to change the motor mounts on my 2000 Civic. Well, got some bad news. One of the bolts is spinning freely:banghead. I hear that they’re welded to the frame? I got the mount back on for now, but I need to know of any reputable shops around the area that can fix this issue. Don’t know of any quick fixes for it sadly. Any input is much appreciated. :slight_smile:

cut off the welded nut and use a regular one.

What motor mount? I’m guessing you’re talking about the torque mounts in the lower front?

Yes. The ones located near the wheel well. I think the problem with cutting it, which I think I forgot to mention, is that there is a nut welded to the frame, which has the threads.

and that’s the nut im talking about.

But it’s inside the frame:lol. I mean unless you have the same car? I just don’t wanna hack the bolt and have the remaining piece rolling around in the frame while I’m driving. Sorry if I don’t get it. I’ve got experience working on cars, but not a lot at the moment.

my mistake, i thought it was outside that you would be able to cut it off like the transmission mount.