Question: Best car alarm / starter combo without losing features?

Hey guys,
Im looking to get an alarm and car starter combo. Which do you guys prefer/whats the best?

Also, I hear that I might lose the ability to lower all windows with the 06 accord's key fob. Its a cool feature. Press and hold unlock and all windows drop (nice for the summer and I dont want to lose it)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

I’m kinda wondering the same thing. I’ve been looking at the Viper 5901 for my '04 Grand Cherokee. Depending on the car, it can control features you’re asking about.

i really love the compustar and omega units … DEI stuff is nice … but pricey

your factory key tag will always work no matter what aftermarket unit is installed …

in order to retain the window vent feature on a aftermarket unit you have to add a window control module

so could i just use the ralarm remote to start the car and arm it/unarm it
then use the key fob to drop the windows?

if i do that i wonder how the key fon and remote would talk to each other?
like if i used my keyfob to drop the windows it also unlocks the car…but the remote might think its unlocked…hmmmm

maybe just unlock 1st with the remote
then keyfob

you can add window controls to the alarm/start unit …

if you were to use the factory remote … it would probably set off the aftermarket alarm when you went to drop the windows cause it also turns on the domelight

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

another thing about hondas is that when the car is remote started your factory remote becomes inop while the ign is on

From my reading you’d replace the factory fob with the alarm fob. The alarm will then control/tell the factory computer what to do in regards to windows, trunk, lock/unlock, etc.

The one I’m looking at has 5 buttons, and can has up to 24 different functions that it can tell the car to do depending on how you press the buttons and how everything is programmed. From what you’re looking for you’d just add a window control module to the alarm and then the alarm can control the windows.

Basically the same thing BDR said… lol.

if i were you i would stick to the aftermarket for the remote start ONLY and use the factory remote for locking/unlocking and such. both other peoples cars and my own have had problems after a while with having aftermarket systems installed and using the aftermarket remote on the doors. this was with different systems and different installers, all ended up having problems. on one car i had it would lock itself, and sometimes not unlock. sometimes i could hear it “unlock” but it wasent engaging enough to completely unlatch the door. when i stuck to using the factory remote for the locks, the problems went away.

as for the alarm, i dont have much input there. any thing other then factory i never liked. except for the ones that go off when you kick the tire or when i drive by them with my truck. those give me a good laugh.

no can do … like i said the factory keyless unit is no worky with the ignition on …

and your lock problems were most likely inexperienced installers

Got a viper 5900 3 years ago. Starter plus alarm. The key beeps, has a display for everything like if its running or door, trunk, hood open etc and vibrates if something happens and shows where on the car. Best part is I’ve gotten it to work over half a mile away next to a window and it works out of concrete basements in buildings. Didn’t lose any features, lights still flash on open close, aux is the trunk, and I programed a feature to roll my windows down, awesome for summer when its baking the leather.

Newer ones I’ve seen work near a mile away and you can get cheaper ones without a screen, just LED lights. O, and PM me, I could possibly hook you up if your interested in a viper.