question for parents

My wife and I have twin daughters that are 16 months old and are running around like crazy now. I love them to death and would do anything for them, but sometimes I feel like I don’t get to enjoy them because it feels like work taking care of them. 2 sets of diapers, 2 baths, 2 meals to give them, 4 shoes to put on (6 if you count mine), double the laundry. Don’t get me wrong, I do have fun with them by playing with their toys, going for walks, playing in the yard etc, but occasionally I dread going home from work, because it seems like I work harder at home than I do here.

Is this normal?

beats me

Yes. Give it another 6-10 months - gets a little easier once they can tell you what they want and they can kind of feed themselves a little bit. Seeing the both of you with the jar of squash reminded me what that was like again.

Yep, normal.

My son is four now, when he turned two everyone said, “Oh no, terrible twos.”

Boy was that was wrong, at 2 years old the fun began. It’s a great time…no more diapers, talking, really something to look forward to.

Hang in there, you’re almost there!

yep,but it just keeps gettinr better & better,we went to the waterfront tonight & on the way home faith was talking up a strom & cracking me up!!!kids(1 or 2)>*

but than come the teeen years!

Speaking of what kids say…

I had Sony’s Sponsor passes for Steeler training camp. To get my son interested in going to watch the Steeler’s, my wife tells him that these guys are as famous as Jeff Gordon. (my boy loves Nascar) After training camp, we were at the cookout with the some players, coaches…two of the coaches wives were at our table, they asked my son how he enjoyed the day (we were treated like royality)…his response, “It’s OK, but I’m waiting for Jeff Gordon to get here.”

plain and simple: you need a vacation…

Sounds like you and the wife need a night out. Get a baby sitter and head downtown to the funny bone or something. :slight_smile:

wait till the teenage years …when they are dating.:eek:

you are prob just getting burnt out

Having kids is work, but the perks are better than any other job I’ve had. I only work part-time now (by choice) and sometimes I think maybe I’d like to go back full-time because it’s easier to only have to deal with the mayhem for a few hours instead of all day. Everyone’s right, just hang on - it does get easier.

And take some time for just the two of you - it does wonders.

PS. I’ll take the 2 year old’s temper tandrum anyday over the 12 year’s eye roll and “I know!!”

the 12 y/o might be able to whoop your ass :booty:

She’s already got bigger feet than me so you may be right.

But seriously Roland - she made it to 12, I’m still sane and I didn’t kill her yet.

I think just getting off of night shift will do wonders for me. I only have one more week.

or you can work sams shift also :smiley:

night turn sucks in general when you have a family. especially when you don;t get to see your wife often. I’m in the same boat right now. :sadwavey:

Kids are alot of work… but don’t you just melt when they say your name or give you big hug for no reason? It gets easier. Our 2 boys are 18 months apart… we did double diapers too… it sucks. But now thay are 4 and 5 and it is a lot easier. They get in the car by themselves. They go potty by themselves. They even feed themselves (and the dogs) by themselves. Send the kids to grandmas for a couple of hours and go somewhere or even stay home and watch a movie. You’ll feel alot better.

put them on ebay if they misbehave

sorry if someone gets offended but i thought it was funny

the pictur is funny but the message is the fucking truth. Too many kids now and days are out of fucking control because of no disapline. When I was growing up you didn;t fuck around or your ass got beat. Talking back was non existant and this BS about calling the cops on your parents? WTF is that all about.

:ugh:

Damn…I must just be old. 18 , 16 and 15 year old boys here. You better enjoy the times with them now. It may seem like alot of work but they grow way too fast and the teen years suck. They request more expensive shit and are not as easily pleased. They expect you to be like their worst friends parents and will try to bullshit you endlessly. In the end though it’s all worth it when they surprise you by not falling through the worst cracks in life.

Like the others said. get a night out for the 2 of you.