Quick computer help.I did it again.

I have no Icons/ shortcuts on my startup page.How do I get them back?
Thanks
D

Right click on your desktop, go to Arrange Icons By and click Show Desktop Icons

startup page?

Do you mean desktop? Right click desktop ->arrange icons -> show icons on desktop.

LOL I right click left, click nothing.I tried that like 100 times first trust me.
Yeah I guess it would be desktop.
D

Should just be the above unless you mean everything including the start menu is missing.

If nothing is coming up in windows (Meaning no start menu, no icons, and just a mouse with background), try hitting ctrl+alt+delete to see if you can get to the task manager.

Then goto File -> New Task
Then type “explorer” minus the quotes

did all that and nothing.Just a noise and can’t find.
D

Can’t find explorer? :bloated:

Or just not letting you do anything period?

when I type it in it says it cant find and has a X
D

screenshot?

right click an empty space in the background, choose arrange icons by, then slick show desktop icons.

do explorer.exe

or try it from the task manager. crtl+alt+delete. then file, new, type in explorer.exe

You probley got some spyware or some crap if you desk icons just went away…

or… restart!

bring the computer to me… i’ll fix it. All I ask for as payment is some food or something :slight_smile:

Step 1. Fill case with lighter fluid
Step 2. Ignite
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit

BINGO!!!That did it.
What I did I was trying to DL things faster so I went into TM and deleted anything I thought was running and should’nt be.When I closed the window it was all blank.
TYVM and I knew it was an easy fix
D

I still think the lighter fluid suggestion should be attempted.

Maybe it’ll get you faster downloads?

Err, so you didn’t try restarting your computer?

The only way i would’ve been able to restart it would be to turn it off on the tower.Is that what you went?I just thought I deleted something and had to dl something maybe reset original desktop or something like that.
D

:wink: