R Title? Is this reason legit?

If a person loses a title, can it be registered back to them as an R title if the car has not been damaged ? How about if the car is repo’d? Does it get sold with an R title? What are all the reasons that a car can get an R title? This is the topic of discussion at work today.

abanned vechicals,total loses by insurance co. repos are sold with a good title marked repo,ur ? in no,they can get a dup title wont be a “R” title

One of the guys said he bought a car off a lot that purchased it at a repo auction, and it came with an R title… the reason it was on the repo lot is unknown, but could it just have been abandoned and picked up to be put on the lot?

sounds a lil fishy, get a carfax on it.

From what I’ve come to understand due to my own experiences… If a car is repossessed and the police cannot get the title from the bank, they will fill out a form for a Salvage title just so it can be auctioned.

thats what I told him to do with it, and i think weve talked him into spending a whole $20 to get one and put his mind at ease…

Theft Recovery?

if there a lean on it,it can only be sold with a bill of sale,

true and not true i work for john varney tire and auto and we do borough tows for Mt. Oliver and still do some brentwood but if we impound a vehicle with no lean on it we can apply for a salvage title but if the vehicle has a loan on it we try and contact the lean holder and normally a private company comes and gets it

You got it, my car had a lien on it from bank.

Yes, it’s possible it was tagged as an abandoned vehicle and removed by the police. You can’t just go pickup a car and call it abandoned yourself. It only takes 48 hours of sitting on public property, or 24 hours on private property before it is presumed to be abandoned, but you basically either have to turn it over to the cops or file in Court to get your costs of towing/storage reimbursed. The rules are a little different for mechanics/warehouse operators.

Also, guys, it’s “lien.”