Reconstructed Title questions

Do you transfer an R title the same as a regular title? Does it take longer? Can anyone fill me in on the process?

if it’s been reconstructed and passed inspection I believe the process is the same. I really don’t see why the process would be different regardless because you are just transferring the title and assuming the title is branded correctly it should just be a matter of signing it and sending the paperwork to the state to get it in the buyers name.

my prelude has an R title cause the airbags went off and thats it …transferred same as a normal title

A R title happens for a bunch of different reasons, not all of them are an accident. I don’t see why there would be an issue with transferring it. My Cavalier has an R title and that’s just because it was a reposession and original title had a lien on it.

you need to take it to a special inspection station and get inspected. lots of paper work and pics

pewter on here will know…i own 2 r tittles but never done it

This car already has an R title. It is the same to transfer as a regular title.

You are thinking of applying for an R title when only having a Salvage certificate.

x2 that is more hassle than it is worth… I’ll never do a salvage title registration again.

you are correct same as regular tittle and inspction…but tittle and reg will state on it “R”

its the same…the nx that i bought off of chaz was an r title…

yep if it passed inspection and everything then its the same. I got an R title car with just inspection and no emission once. got the emissions within like 2 months or something like that

THanks for all the replies. I have to double check with the seller, but I am pretty sure he said he had an R-title.

From what you all have said, an R title has already gone through the rigorous process and the title will transfer regularly with little problem, however the bike is not inspected at the present time.

process is the same,all u have to do is have the bike inspected after u do the title,just like ne other car bike u would by with a good title!

my car is an R-title because a couple divorced and the wife hide the car and reported it “stolen” after a certain time period the insurance company pays out what the car is worth. lol… few days later the car turned up. taken to huffmans, then a guy bought it, then i bought it off him.

I got all the paperwork on it and it was a funny read. the ex-wife got like $6500 for the little peon then soon after like 2 years in jail… haha

When are you ever going to sell that thing?

I’ve made up my mind, im not.
my goals are to buy a nice daily driver or a bike and have a townhouse or small house rent or buy around sept.
the little peon will be Beercanned and become a track toy

If that is you shit then cool…but a neon would not be my first choice as a track toy…not even my 100th. Why not sell the neon and get a cheap LT1 for a track toy??

wouldnt mind that, but thats taking a quick car and making it fast.
I’d much rather take a pos eco car and make it run 13’s to 12’s.

as it sits now, if i stripped it, it’ll probably run mid 14’s maybe low 14’s with slicks with me driving. probably break into the 13’s with a more experienced track driver.

but this is getting off topic from the R-title topic…
pm me or get me on aim if you wanna talk about it

Me and a guy that I work with, do R title cars. We just take them down to huffmans, and they do it all!! They charge for it of course, but much much better than dealing with all that paper work, and inspections.
They give all the papers right there with inspection stickers.