R12 refrigerant

there should be a label on the radiator support or under the hood saying what you have.

If I remember right it was around '93 or '94 that they switched from R12 to r134a. My '93 S10 had r12 but my brother’s '95 S10 had r134a.

And no you cant put r12 in an r134a system and youd need to convert an r12 system to run r134a

I will have to look in the morning then. Maybe even in the owner’s manual. I would really like to know, I plan on fixing the a/c this year.

What year is your car? Most companies switched by 93, I cannot think of a 94 off-hand that has R12.

And, to everyone, a conversion is MUCH MORE than just a fitting swap, despite what AutoZone wants you to think. Proper conversion is complete drain/flush of the system (which requires removing the lines, flushing equipment, etc), refill of the proper oil (R12 and 134 use different oil), evacuation, leak check, and charge.

Its a 95 Civic, so I guess they would have all been R134 by then.

Yeah its R134 for sure. Has the system had the lines removed before? Prolly needs more than just a recharge…which you can’t do properly anyway (no offense, but I doubt you have the right tools)

I dout the lines have ever been removed. I bought it in '06, and it didnt work then either. But yeah I def dont have the tools either.

Get with 88slomaro and see if his shop has the proper tooling to work on AC. At this point, the first thing it needs is an evacuation/leak check. I could actually do that for you for free, but it’s a little drive up here, plus I don’t have a charging scale (you charge by weight, not pressure).

I will have to “get” with Johnboy then. :lol Yeah I have no idea why it doesnt work. It was just on my list with the recent heat, and having the kid in the car.

I’m sure it’s out of 134, the question is why…

we do all a/c work . conversions ,evac , charging

R12 is $$$! But it is colder and more efficient. Just “harmful to the atmosphere” like everything that is good is.

A/C in the Z was probably the coldest fucking A/C i’ve ever felt in a car…

I have all the tools and materials to repair and maintain automotive air conditioning systems.

I’m not going to lie… most automotive technicians don’t know a goddamn thing about refrigeration or air conditioning.

Anyone looking for leak testing, evacuation, charging, diagnosis or anything air conditioning related can get ahold of me.

I have plenty of N2, R12 and R134a in stock. Pricing is VERY fair.

PM for info.

BTW- PJB, You don’t need to retrofit to R-134a. That is a pain in the ass and not worth the effort. They make blended refrigerants that are “drop-in” on R-12 systems and compatible with the mineral-based oils. I have what you need.

Good to know! :number1

who r u to fuckin judge who knows what and so on . the cheapest and easiest way is a conversion

88maro he is a HVAC/refrigeration tech for commercial and industrial chill plants. he would be the first person i would go to… AND hes a stand up guy.

HEEL MEATPAWS HEEL!
:rofl:rofl

Relax boss. All I said was “Most Technicians”. Are you one of them or the exception?

If you’re the exception, then forget about what I said about the “most”.

The R-12 ‘drop in replacements’ are absolute garbage.

Based on what?

I have had success with at least one brand.