RA....?? Anyone?

:ballride:

if slow cars are your thing… go for it!

not a 240 fan, but i like whiteys.

Like I said motor swap and it is badass…euroturd’s motor for less than 1g and you got 12’s

thats a huuuge streatch going from 16’s to 12’s with that motor

if he ran a 13.5 with that motor in his truck, and my car weighs 500 some lbs less… its close to 12’s

that sounds like ricer math to me… again /yourself

hey, those words are from eurodad… /yourself

:stupid:

500lb weight redux is useless…thats why you either strip a car completely or not at all

500 lbs is actually an enourmous amount of weight to remove. And as they said could possibly reduce almost a half of a second on a quarter mile. I hope you were’nt being serious?

if your stripping 500lb’s from a car where honestly is it going to start? the interior…if your gonna start stripping, strip it all or strip none…i don’t care for stripped cars,but,different strokes for different folks

It is a bit ricer to bench race but everyone does it when they are considering a set up…and if euroturdface went 13.5 in a full size chevy truck I am sure a 3 gen can grab low 13’s if not 12’s…not too bad for 1G if you ask me

485 lbs lighter after you calculate the 15 lbs of seamen in your stomach

You dont have to start by stripping interior although most people do. Use lighter weight wheels to reduce rotating mass, lightened flywheels, aluminum pulleys, aluminum driveshafts, removing a/c, power steering, and removing the heavy steel or iron brackets that hold these items on. Use fiberglass/cf hoods. Use lexan instead of glass for the rear hatch. Remove sound deadener underneath interior. Remove spare tire and jack if you feel lucky. For those not concerned with safety like myself… removing bumper supports takes out over 50 lbs in some cars. You could easily pull out 200 lbs+ without even touching the interior.

the man has a point

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

yet we’re still overlooking the fact that it’s a 1985 Trans Am. :hsugh:

Well, if ya get out the old horsepower calculator…

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

Assuming the car + driver is somewhere around 3500 lb.

You would need just about 325 RWHP to achieve a 12.9 @ 106mph.
This would be about 385 flywheel HP assuming 18% drivetrain loss.

The only question left is: how much HP is in that motor?

estimated 360-375… what eurodad says