Race of Champions

No one has mentioned anything about it, and it’s only 11 days off. No Loeb for the French may mean that everyone else has a chance this year. I am not sure how I feel about Travis Pastrana yet. I’d like to see Team Solberg do something interesting as well. And it’s good to see Alister McRae running. Gronholm will have an advantage with the Focus WRC car.

Pastrana did very well last year as the sole representative for the US.

Finland has some serious depth with all the great rally drivers they get to choose from, and Heiki Kovaleinen (I’m sure I butchered the spelling) has won the event outright in the past. In fact, I think he’s the one who took down Shumacher a few years ago.

However, I think I’m voting Scandanavia here.

http://www.raceofchampions.com/drivers,5.html

usa, just cause.

http://www.raceofchampions.com

11 days and they haven’t even comfirmed the TV coverage/schedule :meh:

Some interesting new cars though. Never heard of this “Solution F Touring” car before.

I need to do more research, before I place my vote.

I wonder if the jet cars will be back, that was a most idiotic display that they put on in 2006. :picard:

Al Jazeera Sports is covering this but SPEED isnt. PATHETIC.

[quote=“MPD47,post:6,topic:39771"”]

Al Jazeera Sports is covering this but SPEED isnt. PATHETIC.

[/quote]

hey now they can’t afford to interrupt their normal line up of pinks, super bikes, redline tv and lets not forget those masters at unique whips:cjerk:

IF it’s anything like last year, speed will show it in February.

HDNET usually shows it live without commercials (or at least they did the past 4 or 5 years I’ve watched it).

Silly Americans…HAIL HITLER!!

Since Petter isn’t in a subaru, I think he will actually finish the event. And the sibling rivalry will push them to the top. Don’t count them out.

I’d put more money on Henning rolling over one of the cars than I would Norway winning. :stuck_out_tongue:

hmmm. if were actually german u would know its heil.:shrug:

[quote=“ShiftDead,post:9,topic:39771"”]

Silly Americans…HAIL HITLER!!

[/quote]

Told you Germany had that shit in the bag.

Not a bad job by Pastrana, taking Gronholm out.

That impressed me more than anything.

The real Race of champions is held in Oswego,ny every sept :wink:

LOL when i first saw this thread i was like hmm Twizted must be putting up pics or something

Arschloch…<3

I’ve been debating flying to England to watch, if it’s here, I’m all over it.