Race of Champions 2006

The ROC is back, supposedly will be broadcast on ESPN2 and possibly HDNet

http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Some interesting developments, in addition to the ROC buggy, Megane Cup Car, they replaced the Ferrari 360 with the Porsche GT3 for the road challenge, and they are also listing an Aston Martin “Rally GT” car. :eyebrow:

I don’t think Jimmy Johnson is going to be driving for the US since he just broke his wrist.

They need to find other people for the US team. Nothing against Travis and Jeff Gordon, they are talented and good, but I’d like to see some other US drivers get a shot instead of the same 4 guys over and over.

As much as I don’t like the frogs, you can’t argue with Loeb’s performance this year. Not only is he setting the fastest times on most stages, he manages to not make any mistakes - ever.

Should have me on the US team, we’d win then.

Don’t discount Finland or especially Scandanavia. They were both very strong last year.

USA team needs to dump Pastrana. He was the weak link last year and needs to be replaced.

I’ll be rooting for Loeb in the individuals, but I think my money would be on Scandanavia. Those guys were just amazing last year.

If you have cable or dish turn to HDNET, it airs Saturday morning LIVE @ 11:00am.

DVR set :slight_smile:

Looks like Team Britain will be without Jensen Button.

Forgot to mention, who I WANT to win and who will win are two different stories. Kinda like I WANT Button to win WDC (not with Honda though) but he never will.

Scott Speed to take the place of Jimmy Johnson at the ROC! :slight_smile:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=30177

Who cares, Speed is a chump. I hope he wrecks and dies in a fire.

I’m getting the feeling that somebody doesn’t like Scott Speed… :wiggle:

Brilliant!! I’ll be working then, and I won’t be able to see it.

Make that two. Fuckin pansy ass crybaby prick. I only hope that RBR chose him to “just get by” while they’re grooming better American prospects from their talent search.

I must be out of the loop. What has he done to be so disliked?

As for American prospects to F1, I hope somehow Marco Andretti or Graham Rahall get a shot at an F1 ride in the future.

Multiple instances like this:

Coulthard was disrespectful, says Speed.
Scott Speed says that he told David Coulthard to ‘**** off’ in Australia because he felt his fellow Red Bull driver was being disrespectful. The pair clashed in front of the stewards in Melbourne after Speed had passed DC when yellow flags came out for Tonio Liuzzi’s high-speed accident on the straight after the first chicane. He lost his eighth position, and was fined $5000 for abusive behaviour.

Speed says that during the discussion Coulthard had talked down to him, something which might not come as a surprise bearing in mind that the Scot has been in F1 since 1994 and is a leading light in the GPDA, and Speed was in his third Grand Prix. “I think I was treated a bit disrespectfully by my team mate, that’s why I was actually pissed,” said Speed. “The point being taken away, that wasn’t even decided at that time. It was decided that it was something that was far, OK, and for sure it went in David’s favour this time, for sure in the future I’ll get a break my way. I felt very disrespected, we got in an argument, and I got fined for it!”
www.crash.net

When he was crying to his crew about needing to switch from intermediates to slicks immediately, was stubborn enough to get his way against all their recommendations, and then spun in the first corner or two with the slicks on.

He’s never impressed me.

I like your second suggestions better Rick.

Check out some of the interviews with him before the season started and RBR put him on a lease. Hell watch the ones with in the pits where he acts like your typical american DOUCHEBAG. He lacks talent, whines when things go wrong, and generally is a bitch IMO. I hate the guy, so many OTHER drivers I’d rather see in that car.

• All the stuff Brent mentioned, and then some.

He spun twice, after they told him to wait a few laps he went in, grabbed slicks, spun twice, second time into a wall. Dumbass.

4 hours of hd is a little much for my dvr to handle, i’ll just have to watch it I guess :wink:

You never know who’s going to win in the end, but I don’t see how I could vote against Bourdais and Loeb.

Speed bows out of ROC. They are trying to get Kurt Bush to do it last minute. If they keep this up, America won’t have a team.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

:lol:

You can put away your voodoo doll now.