Racing Harness Expiration Dates

What times do you plan on running? They start caring alot more if you show up to run 9s than if you show up to run 12s

I completely understand replacing it after a crash, but are you saying it will also stretch after just being used for 2-3 years? I’m with John on this one. If the seatbelt in my car is good for the life of the car, what makes harnesses so different?

Seatbelts are designed to do the same stretch thing in a crash, and they are much lighter, so I would assume if either were going to stretch from daily use it would be the stock seat belt.

Since everything needs a conspiracy now to “sell”, I’m going to say this is just a conspiracy by the harness manufactures to keep people buying harnesses.

jay, im not saying they shouldnt be inspected, i was just wondering why.

if that little graph is accurate, and if harnessesseeessses and seat belts are made of similar materials, im a little worried about the OEM belts in my car. im different that other people, i dont like to die.

As far as the seatbelt/harness debate…

There is definitly the speed factor in there…generally the fastest you’ll be going is what maybe 75mph in car (for a normal driver here, im not talking about johnny leadfoot, he can go and diaf-crash) whereas at a track you are easily exceeding the 100mph mark (unless you drive a honduh) so there is the need for higher saftey measures…not just for the sake of holding you in once…but if you are flipping/rolling a dozen times you want to make sure that the belt wont stretch to breaking point. Its easier to brush off a lawsuit because the belt was ‘out-of-date’ and the user didnt bother to have it inspected/replaced

shit, I guess the one I bought for my car in 04 is almost done with, :tdown: