Radio Wireing probs.

So I bought a new Headunit and I went to CC to get one of the wireing harness things. I wired it all up and put it in my car and everything was going fine till I realized that My rear speakers werent working. I pulled it all out and put the stock radio back in to see if it was a fuse or something but everything worked fine with the stocker in there. So I checked the wireing and it seems like everything is right. The purple is connected to the purple ect. What should I do? Im not a big fan of paying people to put something as east as a radio in. Its wierd that its BOTH of the rears arent working. Any ideas?

if the wires are hooked up right did you try the fader/balance in the radio, my cd player didnt work but after looking at the manual it said the option was shut off from the factory and you had to set it to play…

ya I tried the fader. If I put it all the way to the rear, there is no sound. Ill read my manual again

This is what the manual says:

Adjusting the fader

1. Press the [A-M] button and select “FADER”.
  2. Turning the [ROTARY] knob clockwise
    emphasizes the sound from the front
    speakers; turning it counterclockwise
    emphasizes the sound from the rear
    English
    Basic Operations
    ∗ The factory default setting is “0”. (Adjustment
    range: F12 to R12)
  3. When the adjustment is complete, press the
    [A-M] button several times until the function
    mode is reached.

I dunno.

My guess is you rhave one of 2 problems. Either the wiring harness you made up or the outputs on the new deck. If the fronts play fine then hook up one of the decks rear outputs to a front speaker. If it doesnt play then you know you have a problem with the deck.

Ill try that.

what kinda car is it? this is kinda rare, but i’ve seen (gm’s mostly) somtimes have this problem, and its because the factory amp needed to be turned on because it was running the rear speakers

1998 Honda Prelude. I tried switching the wireing and nothing happend when i crossed the rear wires with the fronts. No sound to the rears :frowning: shity. Now what. It was bought o Ebay and I havent left feedback yet. What would you do

test the blue/white wire on the back of the radio, is it giving 12 volts when the radio is on? now follow that wire to the car part of the harness, is there a wire in the same pin location on the other side?

what kind of head unit is it? you could try and call the company also

Its a Clarion DXZ745MP headunit. Ill check the blue/white wire thing tomorrow. To tired tonight and too cold

You missed my point. We dont care about the rears playing at this point. You need to see if the rear circuit of the deck is working. Hook up the rear part of the DECK to the FRONT speakers.

Thats what I did and nothing happened. I crossed the (in this case) the grey wires(Front L) with the purple wires (Rear R) and nothing happend. This is what you mean right?

You were hooking up the front speakers ONLY right?

yes. I disconnected the front speaker wires and crossed the fronts from the factory side of the adapter with the rears from the HU side of the adaptor. Does that make sense?

yes that makes sense, when you did that was the front not working anymore? if so its the deck, if it DID work it sounds like something to do with the stock wiring for the back speakers like an amp or something as addicted2boost said.

Preludes arent known for haveing amped systems. I would have to go with your deck is shot. Check the rear speakers to one make sure someone didnt disconnect them or two run new speaker lines to them. They should have some sort of factory colors not just your gold and silver after market wires. also make sure the terminals arent touching body or anything but the speaker terminals. thats the number one problem i see with Radios blowing, is that a + terminal was touching ground and they just kept turning the radio up to compinsate for the noise lose, TILL BOOM SIZZLED DECK.

rear speakers are amped from the factory. Problem has been fix. There was no wire running from the HU to the amp turn on. Once I ran a wire back there it was fine.

kinda figured, glad to hear u got it figured out :tup: