RHD S13 Headunit Install Problem

Bought a kenwood deck + harness adapter.
After I hooked everything up the front left speaker was clearer/louder than the other speakers, could someone help me out with this?When I was installing the headunit there was an extra connector that wasn’t used, does anyone know what it is for?

Thanks.

I remember that but I just didn’t use it, I haven’t noticed a difference in any of my speakers. Also how long ago did you put the deck in?

I just put the deck yesterday…
I used this wiring diagram, I did not use:
Pin B
Pin C
Pin D
Pin H
Pin M
Pin P

edit:wiring diagram:
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf

Check to see if the speaker is blown. Mine were just wrecked when I got my 180, As for wiring, it is identical to a 240sx except the JDM harness does not have the ground, You have to run one. It could also be the location of the speaker in relation to you, does it sound real quiet if you sit in the passenger seat? The accoustics in the car dont really promote even sound distribution up front, cause the speakers are mounted low in the door and are blocked by your feet, so it does wierd things.

Speakers to fit in the factory locations are 5"x7"s. Hope that helps.

The front right speaker is definately louder than the rest. You can barely hear anything from the from right speaker. My fix so far has been just to set the balance on the deck to the right more, but the sound quality drops when I do so.

Maybe my front right speaker is blown?

Couldnt hurt to open it up and check! If it looks ok, try running some wiring directly from the deck to the speaker, could just be the wiring behind the dash is messed.

u get it working right?

Nope, I haven’t wired the speakers directly to the unit yet but I have a feeling it’s the wiring/connections. I was playing with the eq and the right speaker was crackling and breaking up.

Sounds like it’s blown to me!
Just take off the door panel and have a look, it’s only like 2 screws!!

How do you tell it’s blown when you look at the speaker physically?

smell it… if it smells burnt its done… look at it … if its old or worn… its probably done… if you can see the voice coil see if its burnt. make sure its in phaze too if it pulls in on a base note insted of pushing out… well … yea… its out…

I can alomost garentee thy r blown. All the symptoms are there. if the crackle all the time, or even just when changing volume they r blown.

look at it…if it’s cracked, surround has seperated from the cone, any rips, holes, feels burnt, anything like that…it’s gone!!! If your not to interested in great quality you can get some replacements for your doors for as low as $50 or so…not to big a deal and even cheap new speakers will probably sound better than 15year old stock speakers!