Rant with a quick question. V. Malibu Door mirror

Somebody broke the mirror on the drivers side door of my malibu, the only thing that broke was the glass… can you just replace the glass without having to replace the entire mirror? any idea where i can find the glass only?

Thanks
-Will

Theres always malibus at local junk yards… is it easy to remove the glass without breaking it?

any parts store like advance or autobone has it, might have to order

/thread

Sorry about the mirror :frowning: I was a little mad on my afternoon walk

13 years of bad luck? Also, did this happen on Friday the 13th.?

I was searching ebay last week for a mirror for my wifes escape and noticed what looks like auctions for just the mirror itself.

it must have happened between 8am and 5pm… at my house… jerks…

oh well ill call up advanced and find out… what do they typically cost? i found one on ebay for 25 bucks, but im not positive how they attach, any insight?

they should pretty much just snap in , sometimes theres a sort of bracket that holds it in from the back. where you have to arange it with a screw, im sure if u look at the new glass and the mirror frame you can figure it out lol. but yeah most places will sell you just the glass (dealers and such) smaller stores (like advanced and autozone) might just try and sell the whole mirror

Some are easy, some aren’t. My dad bought just the glass with backing for his '02 Accord at the dealer and it just snapped in. But I tried taking one apart for a 2000 Altima and I ended up breaking it. M&M may have a whole assembly for $12.

I can’t believe someone would damage the hotness :frowning:

I cannot believe you do not shut up! :stuck_out_tongue:

jesus willy. can’t even put a frigging mirror in, yet you can ride a 6 mile long wheelie. what is the world coming to.

I was just curious if it was replaceable or if i needed a whole assembly… then i found the inserts and wondered if it would be worth my time just to go to a junkyard. If they are nearly impossible to remove without breaking them, id save the gas money and drive and just order one online.

I’m going to be pissed if this was a vandalism thing and they come back and do it again.

u cab get cut to fit glass