rare beers.

anyone know where i can find some VB (Victoria Bitter) or Ballantine XXX Ale around here?

check out total wine, that was the only place in Buffalo I ever found to carry what I normally drink I.E. Duval and Chimay.

(this was three years ago)

perhaps Alternative brews carries them?

I never seen either of those beer around here. Try Village Beer Merchant on Elmwood. They have tons of options and may even find it for you if they don’t have it on-site.

Total Wine does not exist in Buffalo and you can’t buy beer in a wine store in New York.

From what I read they don’t sell VB in this country. (I found a brand new VB shirt a few years ago and I had to Google what it was)

Beer Merchant on elmwood?

Did you try Wegman’s on Amherst St.? They have a sick “Beers of the World” section.

Beers of the World in Rochester… otherwise no clue…

No Wegman’s on Amherst St. has an awesome section called Beers of the World.

Uhm… There is a store in Rochester called “Beers of the World”; they have just about every type/brand/etc of beer made in the world (that is in bottles/cans at least). It’s in Henrietta in the same plaza as Comix Cafe.

^^^ toner goes there after class and brings home growlers for me. the rohenbach brewery is so clase, the shit is soooo fresh and delish

but now i make my own beer

What did you start with when you began making your own beer? Something I definitely wanna try.

I am definitely gonna have to take a trip there.

i bought an ebay kit, the $100 one with a glass carboy and all that shit

also start drinking pop top beer, you’ll need about 50 bottles to make your first brew

i have a scotch ale fermenting in my closet righ tnow, and im thinking about trying a boddingtons clone for my next brew :tup:

o and you also need a 5 gallon brew pot. i usually brew with 3 gallons then add 2 gallons of cold water when cooling the wart

Premier Liquor on delaware

mmm VB, it’s nothing special but brings back memories of Singapore and their awesome British-ness.

What’s the name of the place in Amherst on Transit then? Because I definitely bought it there more than a few occasions.

Ohh and they did sell wine…