Ok, Buffalo people. I need to find a damn good beer store...

and Consumers does a pretty good job, but they don’t carry Russian River Brewing stuff, nor does Beers of the World in Rochester.

I know there’s a place over on Elmwood somewhere but can’t remember the name of it. Any other good, eclectic beer stores in town that you can recommend?

Go to Premier Liquor, they have a good selection of rare and import beers.

Village Beer Merchant

http://cityvoter.com/village-beer-merchant-547-elmwood-ave-elmwood-village-buffalo-ny-14222/loc/151986

Village Beer Merchant
547 Elmwood Ave.
881-1080

http://www.villagebeer.com/

^^^ what they said

x infinity

Premier doesn’t carry what I’m looking for, and the girl working at Village told me to call back in 10 minutes. (tapping fingers)

Otherwise I’m having to spend about 60 bucks to get 6 beers shipped. Dammit.

if you go in and talk to brian he would probably order it for you (if they don’t have it in stock already)

WORDDDDDDDDD

/\ true story…very cooperative people. They will help you if they can…and they have Three Philosophers on tap sometimes! That makes them God like in my opinion.

And the word is that nobody in New York carries Russian River Brewing beers.

digs out credit card

Nice. I usually keep one of those in the beerfridge at all times, just picked up some Ommegeddon, and got some Obamagang in a growler at home. Still trying to bribe the Obamagang sign out of a local beer store’s window. We’ll see how that goes.

Also good choices. I snagged a three philosophers tap handle from a bar. Its pretty sick.

$60 for 6 beers? that’s insane. no beer is worth that.

village beer merch

Fuck, I have seen 12 bucks a beer in bars.

I completely disagree. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA is worth every bit of it, especially when you consider the amount of time taken to make it.

However, one really has to appreciate the subtleties of good beer to really understand. And I’m not trying to come off as a beer snob at all. I’ve only really gotten into real beers over the past 5 years.

10 bucks a beer is worth the experience, especially when, at most decent sit-down restaurants, you’re playing 5 bucks or more for Molson/Yuengling/typical stuff.

Nope.

Is that what your ordering off the internetz? Because VBM definitely carries that, or did at least. That is one intense IPA! Me and 91MR2 shared one and I even got a little buzz. Its so thick, very strong and intense flavors…Definitely worth it.

Where do you go to chill and just drink, any favorite chill spots…I like your taste. <–no gay.

pm me what exactly you are looking for from Russian river and ill see what i can get from that list… alot of distributors will only send by case so mix 12packs are usually harder to come across if its rare in this area.

No, not the 120. I always keep at least 2 of those in the beer fridge also. Consumers usually has a few on the shelf, and I tend to drink about one of those every 2-3 months.

I’m looking for the following from Russian River Brewing:
Pliny the Younger IPA
Pliny the Elder IPA

It’s pretty rare that I get out and about though. Most of my chill time is with my wife and kids, and wouldn’t trade that for anything.