rear axle narrowed.

Regardless of how and why we got where we are (I’m not going to comment on any of it since I don’t feel knowledgeable enough), are we in agreement that we need to buy the axles?

Ok, great. Call me before 5 so we can get them ordered today. There is a chance the guy will sponser and knock a few bucks off as well.

Extra bars in the cage does nothing to the budget. I expect nothing in return for any of my labor or materials. Plus I don’t think you guys realize how light this stuff is. All the extracuricular bars are made out of 1.5" .095 wall. the car will be light!

not syaing your labor or cost but the fact is we dont need them there!!! anything not needed is gone

Jay & I talked to Continental. They’re not really interested in sponsorship, but we’re still getting a quote on two setups:
(1) 31 spline axles, gears, studs, spool, C-clip eliminator
(2) 28 spline axles, gears, studs, standard Posi, C-clips
I should have a fax of the quote sometime tomorrow. If nothing else, it’s at least a reference.

Probably worthwhile contacting Pittsburgh Crankshaft too. What about Strange & Moser?

I thought someone mentioned Lou (Laurel Mountain Mustang) possibly getting in on this if needed.

Used parts could work too!

Oh, ok. I guess we won’t be seeing any more of your posts then? Time for responding to you delusions, and exagerations is running out. I have a thread started that you can dump worthless posts into, why don’t you use it.

j/k…well not really though :madfawk:

And as far as axles are concerned. I think 28 spline C cliped and factory posi is whats gonna happen. Unless we get somone on board with sponsership.

Jay, I have the form for specifying axle dimensions. I’ll scan it and send it shortly - had to get a few other things done this evening.

I’m also contacting Strange to see if they can help out. Probably a long shot but what the hell, why not try.

Here’s what I sent to Strange along with two pictures that were already posted in the public Pinks thread:

My name is Jeff Saccani and I’m a member of Pittspeed.com, a Pittsburgh, PA based message forum for local automotive enthusiasts. We are currently building a car to participate in the Speed TV’s television show Pinks, and are scheduled for the July 23 taping at Maryland International Raceway.

The car, a Nissan 240 with an LS1 engine (I’ve attached an in-progress picture), is being built from donations of four local shops (Hybridynamics, JJ’s Automotive, Domination Chassis, and 1st Try Engineering) and the members of Pittspeed. I suspect you may have been contacted by others like us, but the one thing different with our entry is that, should we be successful in winning our opponents car, we plan to auction off both cars and donate the money to four local charities chosen by each of the four shops. The car is being entered as a group project to show how a local group of enthusiasts can come together and hopefully help others. Everyone has come into this project knowing that everything they put into the build, be it labor, parts, or money, will not be coming back.

We currently have a chassis, motor, transmission, a few other odds and ends, and a shortened Ford 8.8" rear end housing. I am contacting you to see if Strange Engineering would be interested in becoming a sponsor and helping with the remainder of the rear end components. As a sponsor, a vinyl decal of your company would be placed in a visible location on the car. We have prepared some guidelines for size and location which I can also provide.

I would appreciate if you could pass this email on or provide me with a contact name and number of the appropriate person at Strange Engineering. Should someone need to contact me, my daytime number is xxx-xxx-xxxx, and my evening/weekend number is 724-872-2994. I appreciate your consideration and hope that you will join us in our undertaking.

Sincerely,

Jeff Saccani

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/pinkssponsors.jpg

very well done!

Very nice. Fingers crossed

are these specail axle or do they have them made up? if so part# please!

Custom axles.

Quote from Continental Competition for the two setups I listed before.
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Continental1.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Continental2.jpg

No word from Strange yet.

Bah. Tried a follow-up call to Strange and they’re closed today.

just order them… who cares… they are going to be needed right away

Jeff from Street Heaters is bringing the 500 to the shop tonight.

i say just order them so we can get them in and on the ground

ok, I’m calling strange personally. I’ll put it on my card then. Unfortunately I didn’t bring the diff up to jeffs, so I’m probably going to have to wait till tomarrow.

Have to wait until Wed - closed tomorrow.

yup, just found that out