REAR VALANCES: Coupe / Hatch

this has been a while in the making but i now have a professional fibreglasser who will be making copies of the OEM hatchback rear valance, and JDM silvia rear valances.

i have both of these pieces at his shop right now and he can turn around the copies in 1 week…

he tells me that he can make the Hatch valance equally as flexible as the Urethane example.

hatch rear valance on Chris Chan’s old car:

http://www.neo240sx.ca/chris/115-1551_IMG.JPG

Silvia rear valances

http://store3.yimg.com/I/jspec_1798_935306

the pricing structure is as follows:

Hatch valance = $175. if there are 6 people i can do it for $165. if there are 10 or more i should be able to do it for $150.

i really wish i could do this cheaper, but i cannot.

Coupe valances = $150 for one pair, $135 for 6 pairs or more.

there is an informal guarantee against cracking. i will try and get further information on this wheni speak with him tomorrow. i doubt that he would be so bold as to offer a 100% replacement guarantee but it was mentioned that some sort of guarantee would be in place.

if we can get this going i will remove my sideskirts and have them copied as well. anyone who gets in on this deal will get preferential pricing for the skirts.

as for the quality, the work is professional quality, he does custom truck beds, golf cart conversions and motorcycle bodies for the shop that is making some other interesting prodcuts that i will have out in the next month or so…

again, turn around time is remarkably fast, and the quality of work that i was shown (vintage domestic truck body) was excellent. he comes very highly recommended.

i’m in for the coupe.
WHen will they be ready?

DRE

Dre,

when i give the go ahead they should take a week to turn around.

i would not feel confident giving the go ahead without at least 6 people in on each product.

if you guys can put some loot in my hand on sunday at DX2 i cna give the go ahead on monday as i have it off. i am sure i will have to put a deposit down before he starts.

i know adam wants in on the coupe valance and i think varun is as well. so that is half way there already. and i was hoping to to be able to sell the coupe ones at $150 so this is even better…

just so that you know… it cost me $300 to get the plastic JDM sivlia rear valances and they are flimsy. the fibreglass copies will be far more durable and you will pay half of what they cost me… there is no reason not to get them…lol

I aswell am in for the Coupe Ones Bing.

you know I will be in on the hatch ones … when’s payment due ?

great! im in for the hatch rear valence, and the side skirts.

there is no DUE DATE really, when ever enough guys get together to build up enough capital for me to take care of the minimum buy in i will put it through.

as mentioned, if you guys feel comfortable putting out the cash on sunday at DX2 that would be great, i would put the order through on monday and hopefully have them in 7-10 days.

skirts are a larger project and i would prefer to wait and make sure these items turn out awesome before i invest in that.

will we still be able to pick these up in say a month when i have the cash?

I had the same question, I’m kind of strapped for cash untill my student loan comes in so… yeah…

yes after the initial order i will be able to continue to make them, however the price will be a few bones more.

i am straped to dew to tires and a new suit :slight_smile: so i would be looking to get the hatch one in a month along with side skirts.

for sure post if you are interested, that shows me this will be worth while…

i probably have enough support to do the Coupe valances, but i am going to need a couple more guys to front casholla for the hatch valances.

problem … that valence isn’t going to clear my exhuast is it :confused:

I don’t see why not?

I know many people with many different aftermarket exhausts with that valance and it fits fine…

sure it will

I’ll take a pic tomorrow to show you what I mean. Unless I’m looking at chan’s car wrong …

I had my exhaust tucked right up close to my bumper … be lucky if there was an inch clearence between the tips and the bumper already …

Well the stock rear valance around the muffler has only about an inch
of drop. If anything you may have to get your muffler heated and bent
down a bit but thats not too much of a problem to do at a muffler shop.

I am very interested in the rear valence and side skirts, but I too am strapped for cash.

As soon as I get money I will let you know

Thanks

i want to put the order in the the coupe valances…

who is ready to pay now???

the hatch ones i will have to wait for, i will try and get a better price when the silvia ones are done

http://www.canadiancustom.com/photos/truck-front-lg.jpg

this is an example of the work the fibreglasser does.