REAREND ISSUES

aight guys heres my issue

i bought a Complete Disk Brake rearend out of 2wd blazer w/ 3.42 one wheel peel

saturday we started the swap got the blazer rear stripped down and pulled the carrier, we then got my rear out and stripped it aswell and pulled my carrier

swapped ring gears on the carriers and installed my posi into the disk rear

greases the caliper bolts up & put new pads and rotors on

went with a single U-JOINT driveshaft that was suggested i try INSTEAD of the double cardon joint driveshaft i had

when i first pulled it out the driveshaft was binding up some pulling out from a stop and i was getting a whine from the rear

swapped driveshafts back to my double cardon joint and no more binding pulling out but i still got the whine

haven’t been driving her accept today i drove it to work cuz work is a mile one way from my house

i dunno what to do now :confused: so any suggestions would be appreciated

whining could be cause the gears and carrier are shimed incorrectly or a bearing install wrong or going south

or to many donuts

UMM… i did a rear SWAP … and my old rear didn’t make a sound b4 i pulled it

not set up correct

could u please set this up for me…if so how much

It’s a far shot but did you check the oil in the rear end? Mine was making some whining noise when it was low on fluid before. It’s a long shot but sometimes it’s the obvious stuff we overlook.

ya…i checked that

after i changed the driveshaft back to the double cardon one the pinion seal started to leak so that needs a seal + whatever else it needs

you swithced the carriers, so now it needs set back up to be right. so either run it the way it is and live with it, pull it back apart and switch shims from the other housing in(maybe you’ll get lucky) or get a professional; to do it. i just swapped the gears in my truck, and it’s quiter now than it’s ever been.

ya thats all i did was switched the CARRIERS… and i used whatever shims were in it stayed in and went back right were they where

they were set up for the other carrier, try the old shims in the new housing. might help, and i would swap the pinion out to to match the set,

i did swap ring gears cuz i want the 3.42 instead of the 4.10’s the rear i took out had…thats y i just installed my carrier

should i have added posi adtive to the gear oil ?

yes if it wasnt already in the gear oil. some have it added in already. that isnt what is making the whining problem though.

ohh

It’s broke. Throw it away.

it could be,what gear oil u use? rear it & see if it has the addative in it!

some shit from advance my buddy that works there is gonna look and see if it has it in it and get back to me