recall for 98-99 cavaliers

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of teh
national traffic and motor vehicle safety act.

General motos has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle saftey, exists in certain 98-99 cavaliers. if the engine fails to start and the driver holds the key in the start position for an extended period, high current flows through the ignition switch, and sometimes produces enough heat to melt the internal switch parts. if the switch is damaged, a fire could occur in the steering column, even with the engine off and the key removed. the fire could spread to the interior of teh car, which could injure occupants of the car or cuase damage to adjoining structures

there is more but im not typing it all. just got this in the mail

That’s lovely… of course the last recall that was supposedly for my 1998 cavalier, I never got a notice… I doubt I’ll get this one either.

just take yours down anways. mine is a R title and im surpised they
got my info. since its never been serviced by a dealer

I called my dealership about the last recall (the one about the steering column) and they said that I would have to pay to have them look at it if I didn’t get the recall notice.

that blows the dealership i deal with is cool as hell. they were going to
install a shift kit and stall for me under a warrently rebuild

:madfawk: Day Chevrolet…

you can take yours to any GM dealership for maintenance work

I know… Day Chevrolet is purely convenient… I do have a friend of the family that works at Watson’s though. :slight_smile:

yea i got the same recall for my grand am about a year ago.

2002 Cavalier <-----:tounge: :tounge:

Probably goes with out saying but this recall is for 98-99 Sunfires too. I just got it in the mail yesterday.