Recent video of my old car (Turbo Camaro)

I’m not sure how much racing goes on in here anymore, but I thought I’d share this:

The fella I sold my car to keeps in touch, and sent me this recent video over the weekend. He’s had some pretty good luck with the car and is taking it much farther than I was able to. Nothing was touched on the car (mechanically) besides the addition of Big Stuff 3 and some larger injectors.

The car has ran a best of 5.43 @ over 130 in the eighth at 21psi. 5.4 equates to about 8.5 in the quarter, which I’ve found the 1/8 to 1/4 conversions to be fairly accurate at these E.T.'s. The car made a high of 940rwhp at 23psi, and his goal for the end of the year is 5.2/8.2. I’m pretty impressed with what he’s been able to do, and happy to hear that the combo is still running strong after 3 years of abuse!

Looking good. Is it still full weight?

Yup, still full weight. He added a chute, but didn’t have it on during the runs in that video. He also switched from a 325/50/15 MT ET street to a 275 slick. The programming in the BS3 lets him tweak and launch much harder than I was able to.

Nice

Nice! Seems like the this car favors leaning to the right while on 2 wheels. I mean I know body twist and all, but how do you set up the car to track straight? Guessing suspension and some frame braces.

The car has all the goods underneath. When i was setting it up, I was seeing my best 60’ times when it leaned just a little bit. Don’t ask me why :gotme: Beyond that, I have no idea what the new owner has changed if anything. I also never pulled the wheels when I owned it, so the lean is much more dramatic now. I was cutting mid-low 1.3’s when it was dialed in, and the new owner is running 1.28 off the rear tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=tYbnW5Cv7CI

Another great vid, crank it up.

Car is rockin out.

What does a 1.3 60’ time feel like? I’d imagine it must feel like getting kicked in the chest by a horse.

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

At first it feels like you’re holding on for dear life, but like anything else you get used to it. Definitely a cool feeling though.

Nice, knew the car had that in it.

1.3 60’s is like getting shot out of a cannon! Ya better be hang’in on.

Miss it?

What did you pick up after this car? Any why did you sell it? lol

Pretty cool, that thing does some serious wheel stands

My standard line for when asked if I miss it is, “ya I’d still like to have it, but no I’m not exactly losing sleep over it. I’m happy to take a break from it.” I’ll get something better down the line, but nothing in the near future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19718[/ATTACH]

Awesome!

Good enough reason for me

x2

Congrats on the house bill, where is it? pm me specs! looks nice

Right answer. :slight_smile:

^ agreed…

You did a nice job building it. :tup: