Recommend me a contractor for structural

I noticed while installing new floors that one of my beams in the basement is cracked with caused the hallway floor in my side of the hose to sink a little but. So when I was installing the new floors, I put compound down to raise the floor a little. However, after a few months, there is a slight slope. I am wondering if anybody knows any good contractors out there than fix my cracked bean and hence raise the floor a little.

I have already put one of those stabilizer polls on the beam. The house was built in 1930 so nothing is every going to be perfect.

Should be able to DIY this if you’re handy enough to put down a floor.

Jack up the beam with a steel floor jack to level it and sister a beam to the cracked one.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_97323-46417-J+C79_0__?productId=3048053&Ntt=floor+jack&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dfloor%2Bjack

That is what I did, I just thing there is something better. I was steel to make the sister beam with nuts and bolts through the cracked beam

unfortunately, I don’t think there is a whole lot of better solutions out there. It’s not as if you can just tear out the entire floor board. Sistering a board with nut/bolts or with self tapping lag bolts(probably still should drill a pilot) is a good solution. Just make sure you use a nice long piece and get a lot of the board sistered in.

also be sure to actually bolt the top and bottom of the lolly-column to something…i’ve seen them pop right out if the beam twists or anything…

it shouldn’t be needed anymore, once the joist is sistered