Recommend me a cool class at UB

I’m allowed to take other UB graduate level (500+) courses outside the law school.

Recommend me something cool to take and why.

• Must not have big math pre-reqs, i.e. engineering. (I have MBA level training, though)

• Pref. not too difficult. I’m not going to get ambitious with what amounts to a BS course.

• Something interesting dealing with philosophy, politics, business or practical life skills a plus.

• Something with a high instance of hot co-eds also a plus.

UB has those?

Try an MBA marketing class. The only hot business majors are in marketing.
Maybe an education class?

I was thinking about taking intercollegiate sports in the education school, but idk…

I’m in an NCAA class now and it’s kinda cool. EDU classes would def have chicks. What else would be a good grad level MRS course?

The hunting grounds in the law school have been poached to the point of exhaustion and turned incestuous. That and I’ve learned my lesson from MBA class.

So, that’s it? No one has taken an interesting grad level class at UB?

It’s an engineering class but not too math intensive:

Road Vehicle Dynamics, all about suspension systems and stuff, pretty cool!

A little ot but what year are you?

That does sound interesting and possibly practical. Even though I consider myself pretty bright, I really worry about being lost in something like that though. Just the jargon may throw me off and I really won’t risk a B.

I’m a 2L

Nice. I just started my second semester.

And you haven’t quit yet? Why?

Haha thanks for the words of confidence. It isn’t exactly fun but i think it could be worse.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/why_you_can_blame_us_news_instead_of_the_aba_for_high_law_school_tuition

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/columnist_laments_unemployed_law_grads_and_broken_unspoken_contract

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/columnists.nsf/billmcclellan/story/D6B0E0E4F7FEA9E78625765C00813B73?OpenDocument

You mean worse than schools lying about future career prospects and post-grad employment statistics?

Paying thousands of dollars to attend BS ivory tower classes that don’t teach you how to practice law or even pass the Bar? For that you have to pay another private company (BarBri) thousands more dollars.

How about the idea of joining a declining profession where elite grads from the Ivy League are being deferred up to two years out and experienced attorneys are being furloughed at an alarming rate, including senior partners in some instances?

Think it’s bad now? 2009 LSAT had a record number of registrants all wetting themselves to grab at the golden goose that has run out of eggs.

At least you are going to a state school instead of some other TTT like Albany, racking up enormous debt.

I can’t wait to get out, and to anyone who tries to talk to me about how they just saw “The Deep End” and can’t wait to be a sweet-ass attorney, I say “kill yourself”.

no longer offered, i was going to enroll next semester, theyre ending it after this spring