Remodeling a house, looking for..

I’m in the process of remodeling a house and I’m looking for recommendations on good sources for cabinet shops, countertops (granite/corian/etc.), tile, plaster ceiling repair, and natural stonework for a fireplace. If anyone on here does any of this type of work or knows or could recommend someone please let me know.

I think 00mexicanss works at a cabinet granite shop in the winter he might be able to steer you in the right direction

A friend of mine has a concrete countertop company… they do some pretty sick stuff…

tell em you fozzi sent ya, and they’ll take good care of ya, but they are extremely busy lately… If I remember right they are doing all the counters for the new American Eagle headquarters being built in the south side…

My Dad and I have a plaster guy who does great work.
He doesn’t mind when you hang your own board. If you’re doing ceilings it will look best if you just board the entire ceiling in the rooms that need repairs.

Then have him mud the whole thing. When you patch, you can never match the swirl or other pattern. He does smooth coat very well for the price. If you want it perfect (like glass), call Merola, but this guy is excellent for the price.

My dad always calls him, I’ll get his number.

Munster works alot with concrete and stone including polishing, maybe PM him.

I can give you a few names for cabinetry, remodeling, and lighting if you need it.

drywall is cheaper than plaster and looks better

Thanks for the leads thus far. Lots of loose ends to track down.

The existing ceiling is in nice shape except for one annoying crack running the length of the room (very large room) and I’m trying to figure the best way to deal with it.

fixed

If your looking for supplies to do the work yourself or have a GC do it, this is the place to buy.

http://www.pbauctions.com/

Thanks. I’m actually swamped for the summer, though. If it was winter I could do some interior stuff.

My uncle does custom cabinetry (only works in oak). An option if you are looking for something not “off the shelf”.

My Dad works at American Inlay , they do granite counter tops, etc. They are located off of route 8 and use a water jet to cut peices.
They do most of the jobs granite jobs in pittsburgh, like lowes

http://www.americaninlay.com/

you have never seen drywall done right then

Conversely, I could say that you haven’t seen plaster done correctly, but there’s no point in us arguing. Some people prefer drywall, and they are entitled to that.

The old style “swirl” coat on plaster makes it look old, but they can do other textures or smooth.

You can make drywall look as good as some plaster. But in between the joints, you can’t make it any smoother than the board itself. Since plasterers coat the whole thing, they can make it smoother. I was working out at the place Ganassi built in Fox chapel, no joke the finish felt like glass. To touch it blindfolded, you would be hard pressed to tell a difference. That was Merola job, and they used 5/8" board in the entire house. That’s an extreme example, but there is a major difference between the way the 2 are finished.