Requesting forum participation.......

If there’s anyone here who would like to help out my friend Dave Mcurdy I would be grateful.
Dave’s the guy we know and heard about on the news who not only lost everything he had in a tragic housefire but lost a dear friend in the midst of all the turmoil.
He’s a good friend and I just wanted to do this for him. If anyones interested in helping him out, please let me know via PM or email:
floridagrown@live.com

Thanks NYSpeed for your time.

throw a fund raiser

Are you asking for money or what?

Moving to OT…

I saw this on the news. Really sad

Mccurdy is a friend of mine. I beleive it was his gf that died in the fire.

RIP and hope he gets back on his feet.

For those a little lost by the lack of details.

1. It’s Dave McCurdy (two c’s in last name)

2. Here’s the news link:
    http://www.tonawanda-news.com/thetonawandas/local_story_005232102.html?keyword=topstory

I am sure there is already a fund or will be one setup in his name by family members/etc. Are you expecting people to send you money on behalf of Dave?

That name sounds rather familiar he wouldn’t happen to have curly red hair, and grew up in Riverside?

Wow that sucks RIP.

that would be him

Wow that is just horrible, I ran into him at Tops on Young St and Colvin Blvd a while back he recognized me from the old neighborhood. Hopefully everything works out for him.

wow, I went to school with Dave and would see him around town in the aztek. Im sorry to hear

My heart goes out to the people involved. Truly tragic.

RIP

our house started on fire as well the day after new years, we lost everything in our house but nothing compares to losing a life, especially that of a friend :frowning:

That’s awful. Please put up a paypal and I will send some money to help out with anything at all. RIP

u probably shouldve put a little bit more detail in the original post, i had no idea what u were talking about at first.

This is the kid with the air bagged aztek?

No amount of money will bring his friend back, and I can only assume that the house was insured, and there is no mention of how to donate if that is what you are asking for, so I don’t know what “help” you are asking for.

Excuse me for being cynical, but this just smells fishy. I would suggest that nobody give anything to the OP until a more formal charity is set up for the person involved in the tragedy.

What’s really fishy to me is that he didn’t spell his friend’s name right. I’m inclined to agree. It absolutely sucks what happened to him, but this wasn’t the right way to go about trying to help, if you’re honest.