Resonant Engineering 18" HC series sub

Older model Resonant engineering sub, I dont have too much info on it as it was custom hand made by David Moore. dual 2-ohm VC, convex dust cap, spider and surround are very tight, very high excursion as well. Guy i bought it from said back in 03 he hit 151db, box was tuned at 33hz, and said it was tested at 4700w rms. I had it in my Cadillac for a few months like 3 years ago and sold the car. I had it underpowered with 1500rms to it with no problems and the sub hammered. This is a serious sub. $250

Thats all i know about it lol.

It used to be in the back of my Jeep! Definitely a monster…

LOL if you know anything else about it feel free to post

Thing ungodly hammers.

Hahahaha no shit! I believe I placed the order for this sub (and the 4 10"s for chris z)

Wayne used to have a pair of 12"s of the same subs that I ordered at that time as well.

Ahhh good memories! The judgement day SLAP show crammed in that corner parking lot

Will this blow the hatch glass out of my vette? lol

If you drop it through it, sure

definitely a classic it seems!

LOL yea, I still have the trophy for that show! 150.9db legal, that setup had a lot more left in it too!

what amp were you running? i had some old school ma audio 1500w rms mono block

Ma HK 4000 on 16/18v if I do remember correctly

Yep, HK4000D on 18v, the amp benched 4778w RMS @ 14v.

The enclosure was just a street banger, 6cu/ft and 120sq/in port tuned to 33hz. I made the box to fit with the spare, which I eventually took out. I never took it as far as I could have, and that I regret. :frowning:

godamn that is a badass amp, i remember back in the day i wanted one so bad. That might very well been the same box i had, got it from the kid i bought it from, had it in my barn and it got wet so we burned it the other week :frowning:

Yea, it was. You bought it off my cousin Tom.