retirement

ive been putting 10% into a 401K. i will probably raise the percentage when i buy a house and get a steady budget. $6k a year aint gunna cut it if i retire before 60 like i plan. and if stocks and this country goto shit and i lose all my money i have an assault rifle and plenty of ammo for that situation.

6k is a decent amount if you have it setup to be invested agressively.

Do not count on SSI. Not to mention that the age will steadily go up over the next 40 years, if it even continues through then.

Yarr, my co. just changed the pension program (not that I’ll retire from here) & co. match rates… now 100% of first 3% & 50% of next 3%. Used to be 100% upto 8%… but we’ve grown and alot of other bigguns are having pension problems (GM et al)…

JOHN TITER DOT COM!!!

well guys it looks like you have the right ideas, and im surprised some of you are this business/goal orientated!

sadly, i picked path’s i wish i didn’t have to, and thats why im making sure my kids are going to school.

i only attended college for a semester, joined the airforce and have worked jobs with no 401k’s or ss. and as a business owner i can only put extra money away in investements, and cd’s etc. etc.

if it wasn’t for a won lawsuit (that had nothing to do with personal injury, or anything stingy like that) i would be working til the day i die :frowning:

i jsut wanted to say, you guys seem like you have the right idea. good job!