Return of the Silvia - 2010?

Those GTR pics are great. Not impresed at all with the look of the “new” silvia.

We never know…design is likely to change
we’re far from 2010 if that’s the expected unveiling.

Besides, it’s a concept design for now.

"Young drivers armed with a fresh license and too much Initial D anime + Option drifting videos, are all yelling and screaming like the AGK (Angry German Kid) on youtube, demanding the comeback of the FR icon.

Well kids, today is your lucky day…"

lol

i say they remake the s13 as it was :smiley:

I agree just make the S13 again…they would be the first car company to ever do it…GM wont even go back and make there classic corvettes and things but yet bring out newer styles uglyer model …so i say nissan change it up and make S13 again…they have a huge following. its not like they wouldnt make money off of them…

http://pic.221616.com/disp/e0002/0640x0480/01020010/E0002_010200100101.jpg

They should start with this and make a few updates…

– suspension
– good size wheels
– chassis rigidity/safety
– stereo/electronics/heated mirrors & seats/keyless/MP3 etc etc
– mild curves/exterior redesign
– possibly even a part-time AWD system or something

Then release it as a 2009 Super-SX (or something haha) which could be like the GTR’s nimble/affordable/moddable RWD little sister - perhaps with a 2.0-2.5L 4-cyl turbo in the 270-320hp range in 6-speed manual.

That, IMO, would draw a lot of interest, and at the right price, buyers. Would make a nice contender for all kinds of different cars out there, such as the new Impreza WRX and Evo etc.

The '08 Altima coupe is alright and everything, but just not the same…it’s just not aggresive or raw enough or something (and for many the whole FWD thing). :dunno:

Sounds awsome to me …type x is my favorite styled 240 anyways…we can dream but i doubt it will ever happen…we should all get togehter as a group and get a meeting with the Nissan CEO haha

I’ll be going to visit Brasil soon, maybe I should arrange a quick meet with CEO Carlos Ghosn! :wink:

They’d just have to arrange it so that it didn’t “compete” with the Z or Altima…or take away anything from the upcoming GTR.

I think it’d be doable (maybe for 2010+ though).

I don’t think it’s difficult for companies like Nissan to find out what people want, and to kill the competition, just look into forums and clubs like this one to see what upgrades are most popular, what people would like to change if money was no object. Make affordable, base car for enthusiasts because that’s how legends like Silvia or Z are born and legends bring people to Your showrooms. Lightweight chassis with strong, overbuilt suspension and engine that can easily handle double power upgrades is what everybody wants. As for body style s13 hatch is very practical and versatile. Just update it, make it wider and more muscular looking. Make good design better - Porsche 911 is a good example here. As for all the power and audio - make it optional. Let me decide please if I need 8 speakers audio, heated seats and all that crap that only add to the price.

thats what i’m talking about! that would be total heaven. please nissan!!

because any of you can afford to buy an s13 new…nobody who wants this to happen would have the money to buy an s13 if they remade it haha

Not sure about anyone here but I would & could…if they did it right.

i dunno if it’s just me…but i don’t really see the family resemblence…the design does tend to sway in today’s contempory design of sporty cars…a bit taller…rounder. Which is nothing like the silvia’s we have now.
i tend to agree with Darkforcejackal…
remake the s13…or if anything redesign it a little bit.

comepletly off topic, kinda

but there was rumour that the president of toyota japan wanted to remake the ae86 corolla, just as it was, but the marketing team there advised against it because they didnt think it would sell
(thought about this when some guys mentioned nissan should remake the 13 as it is)

the new silvia is not my taste. but it may grow on me.

Yea i hear about that to…the advert I saw didn’t have the same shape as the original ae86.

by 2010 i think even i could get that car. prolly not buy it out fully but pay for it slowly.

yeah me too …if it came out i think ide buy one …if it does i hope its at least alot like the S13 …not future concept ideas…noone wants that …

http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/category/silvia/
scroll down

I’m sure if they go ahead with this it’ll handle like a dream, probably’ll pull nicely, have all the amenities and what not…maybe even at a good price…

With all that said, every Silvia concept i’ve seen so far, sadly, looks really bad (my opinion anyway).

BAD.