Review : Guitar Hero for PS2

I must be a sucker for these freakin games, but this game was DAMN fun. Me and 3 of my friends found ourselves sitting at best buy playing this game for about 2 hours, the associate asked us to give the drooling kids next to us a try.

Finally, a use for the 16 years of violin…

Anyway, it’s pretty freakin’ fun, I can only imagine how awesome it would be with a group of friends with a couple beers…

Pretty decent song selection also.

3.5/5 only because I can see replay-ability being pretty crappy after a while.

ib4carnut

Donky konga is along the same lines. Its pretty cool with friends.

Welcome to last year.

And yes, it is incredibly fun. Some people are way too good at it and it blows my mind.

2nd one comes out next week btw :wink:

Guitar Hero is great…but old there is Guitar Hero 2…i prefer Donkey Konga myself

It’s so funny that you posted this, becuase last night was the first time I’ve ever played it. Funny thing is that playing some of those songs on a real guitar is easier than playing GH on expert mode.

i never played the game, simply because i really do play guitar, and i thought i heard on the edge that the game has no correlation to the way a song is actually played…so i thought it would be gay cause i know how to actually play some of the songs in the repituar(sp.)

anyone know if this is true?

LOL! This game is fun, especially when you beat Don after he’s been playing all week.

Yes the game is way different than real guitar. It has rythym involved, but that’s about it.

I loved Harmonix’s earlier games Frequency and Amplitude as well, I only played guitar hero for about 15 minutes once it seemed very fun even though I messed up a lot. I hear the second one has a lot more songs on it

THere is a little bit of correlation. There are 5 buttons on the “guitar” in addition to the “pick” which is attached and swivels as well as a whammy bar.

Say the song calls for a descending scale, the game will ask you to hit the bottoms on the guitar from right to left, similar to the realistic fretting locations.

lol my friend and his roomate were up to like 5:30 in the morning playing that ish. Looked fun, but also looked fustrating

Oh boy. Wait for it… Waaaaiiiit for it…

i fucking love guitar hero. 2 is going to come out in a week, and im having a party. my girlfriend is insanely good. we went to the contest at mickey ratts the edge way throwing and she fucking slayed everyone. (she has beat eveything except for bark at the moon on expert) the gameplay and tracklisting for the new one is unbelievable. if you play guitar you should love this game. it is only wierd at first because on the easier levels you only hit like 1/4 of the notes. i play guitar and i found playing on medium easier at first because you want to hit notes that are not there on easy. also, this game has not gotten old yet.

who’s up for a guitar hero release party?

all i’m gonna say is ell oh ell…that is all…COWBOYS FROM HELL FTW!!!

please dont take this as me fueling my own ego, but i’ve been playing guitar for about 7 years, and i consider myself to be ‘ok’ (other people tell me im quite good but, eh) and i played the game once, and found it kind of boring. espeically songs that i knew how to play, id start playing the ‘guitar’ like it was a real one out of habit and not paying attention to the screan. and i did really bad. ill keep the real thing, thank you.

So these 5 “buttons” are suppose to represent the 46 available notes (out of 132 positions) of a standard 22 fret guitar?

5 = 46 ?

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/guitar_hero_screenshot.jpg
So these circles are what you are supposed to press on the guitar

It looks dumb, but it’s entertaining.

(Green, red, yellow, blue, orange are the buttons located where the frets should be, but more towards the head of the guitar)

Jeremy its just a game and its fun…I have 2 guitars here at the shop. we can jam out to some Judas Priest :stuck_out_tongue: