Rim Repair?

Does anyone know anyone around here that can fix some relatively nasty curb rash on one rim? There is no paint on it, and doesn’t need to be. I just need the gashes, de-gashed. Might involve adding some material there.

I know there is tons of places that do it online, but they’re far away, and i don’t think it would be worth it to wait weeks and pay massive to ship one rim. Or is it?

Fox Tire?

most of the big online places can turn it around in 48 hours. You wouldn’t be waiting “weeks”.

It looks like a $60 repair, and shipping would be like $40+… is that the only option?

I was hopeing to get it done like next week… Thursday…

The sooner you ship the better. Do a search, I remember Lafengas or someone else say something about a place on Broadway, but I have no experience with them.

there is a guy that does rim repair in at the benz? dealer on main near transit, he charged I think 60 a rim. he works out of his trailer in the back lot. I don’t have any contact info on me but maybe someone else may have it.

rimpro.com do a search

rimpro.com FTW /thread

He doesn’t do it anymore

I did a search, and i know about them. I just dont think paying $800+shipping is worth it for something that would be a 30 min job for someone locally who knows what theyre doing. They say $195 for 18-19’s. And id like them to go over all 4 rims and touch up the lip, theres a little nick on 3, but the main problem is 1 is quite noticible.

are they bent or just needing refinishing?

Theyre in good shape structurally, but one has some nasty curb rash, and id like to make them all perfect if i can, but the other 3 just have one little nick on each that needs touching up.

rimpro just told me it would be $200 a rim, regardless of the lip damage, even though they dont need repainting. Aka, no…

give keystone a call and see what they say. number is 894 6262. tell them you are friends with rob. they might cut you a deal. i dont know really how much it would be depends on damage.