Am I boned?

So I just replaced all tires on my car after a track day at TMP and found a crack on one of them that looks to be cemented by the previous owner of the rims. Am I boned and having to buy a new set of rims or is this repairable?

If so does anyone know a place in the Hamilton area to get it done.

If I am understanding this correctly, the rims were cracked and patched? Is that correct? Not the tires?

it can be fixed, theres a few places around gta that repair aluminum wheels, prob cost you $75 - $100 depending if it needs to be straightened also, or just welded, not really to sure of any shops in the hamilton area tho

Right. Rims were cracked and patched with a cement compound.

If you search rim repair on kijiji GTA you’ll get quite a few hits. I’ve personally had a more than satisfactory experience with precision rim repair on two different JDM wheels, a 1 piece and 3 peice.

stop drill the crack to stop it from becoming longer.

call wheel fix. they will come pick it up for you too :smiley:

wheel wizards is right downtown on barton, ive used them before they fixed me right up

if you are near hamilton talk to the guys at Focus on Nebo rd., they had one of my CCW’s welded up in less than a day. they sub it out but it was quick and cheap

iono if they will know who i am for a reference but you can try.

boned. lol.

focus is a joke. they’re just a middle man with a store front.
you will take your rim in. they will say “sure, no problem we can do that”.
one of the bitch kids that hangs out there all day will take it to Wheel wizard, precision rim repair, wheel fix. etc…
the real repair place will call focus when its done,
again he’ll send another focus bitch down to pick it up, pay the guy that actually did the work
then tack on his cut on top of the original price and give you a focus sticker

source out a repair shop on your own. fuck focus. don’t give them the satisfaction of making money off you
only thing they’re actually decent at is being tire mounting bitches. and there not even good at that, they had to send one of my rims to a different place to stretch 225’s on a 9" rim and he wouldn’t tell me who he took it to lol.

lol what a fuckin joke
/end rant

they did 245’s on a 9.5 for me and 275’s on a 10.5 without issue and had me a new RT615 inside 24 hours and turned around the rim repair in 8 hours and i didnt have to do any running around…

dropped car off, walked back to the office, walked over to pick it back up… weeee…

i’m okay with middle men if it makes things easier for me

yeah but wheel fix will come to your door and pick it up for you… no need for a middle man yo.