Rim Restoration

Anyone know of a place that can clean up some curb rash and peel some powder coat / paint off a set of aluminum rims?

Let me know… Names and Phone Numbers would be nice.

Thanks

yea i also want to clean up my rims, the clear coat is starting to come off looks like a spider web…

Carcones auto recycling and wheel refinishing does good work, check them out

http://www.carcone.com/

skywheel in markham on laidlaw ave, $175 a rim though but they do very good work. thats for bent, curbed ect rims. they should have a website

Carcones did an amazing job on my wheels.

If you guys can, posting before and after pics would be really helpful.

And maybe prices on the different services too, such as just powdercoating/refinishing etc.

Couldn’t find them on their websites.

Anyone been to carcone? Is this the location?

Bloomington Rd W, Richmond Hill, York, Ontario L4E, Canada

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Bloomington+Rd+W,+Richmond+Hill,+York,+Ontario+L4E,+Canada&ie=UTF8&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.219929,81.738281&z=15&ll=43.961808,-79.474711&spn=0.015631,0.053988&om=1&iwloc=addr

close, this should be right…

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1030+Bloomington+Rd.,+Aurora,+Ontario+L4G+3G8&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.496446,79.101563&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=43.973978,-79.444027&spn=0.018469,0.066776&om=0&iwloc=cent

alot of Infiniti dealers bring there rims to Carconies, well i know 401 and dixie does. aparently there the best. but almost a 100 per rim. The one in richmond.

I’m $65 a Rim for re-finishing (I do not chrome or polish thou) and Im only able to fix minior damage/minior curb rash as we do not actually repair rims but strickly Powder Coat.

Skywheel? I work in front of shywheel, At brightshine Auto Detailing… the oposite door in the hall.

precision rim repair. on revalda rd…on weston rd, south of steeles

There’s some good info in this thread. I might need to refinish one of my wheels later on :slight_smile:

Well I just called carcone to strip the paint, polish and protect my rims… $250 PER RIM!

So needless to say I’ll be elbow greasing this one!

That sound vaguly familiar… But more to the fact that you should just slap some tires on.

what kind of rims do you have? i had all 4 of my stock 18" Ray’s done by them for $150 each … and that’s going through a dealer, so the at cost price would probably be anywhere between 125-150.

oh, and they did a decent enough job.

carcones is backed up by like a month and a half right now.

i was talking to matt carcone about a week ago about sending my rims in and he siad dont bother right now.

gotta remember… its winter… everyones a fucking idiot and crashes into shit constantly… so hes backed up beyond belief.

i will however be goign to them in the near future to get mine done.

GT

I went to Wheel Wizards in Hamilton a few years back.

They did the polishing for $100/wheel and I had one painted, they charged me $60 for that.

So $460 total and they looked great. I’ll see if I can scan a pic of them. They were 14"ers and I didn’t even know what a computer was back then, let alone a digital camera.

Goddamn! looks like I gotta get setup for Polishing.