Refinishing wheels discussion

I just put together my wheels for 2012 for my G35.

I’m going with a square set of 370z rear wheels (19x10 +30). However, i have to refinish them.

So a couple questions:

What should i do for refinishing and where should i get this done?

A couple of the wheels have some damage on the face from being dropped etc. moreover, since the wheels are coming off different cars i want to make sure they all match 100%. I’ll likely keep the OEM colour but could change it up a bit. I don’t wany anything too flashy though, i prefer the clean OEM look and don’t want a lot of attention.

So… gunmetal, darker or lighter, pearl flake, multi-stage?

powder coat, painted, other…

and then the question of where do i take them to get this done… i’d prefer a place that deals more with custom stuff rather than just regular refinishing since i feel like i would get better service.

we repair/paint a lot of wheels at the collision shop i work at (carstar) so long as they are not bent. but like you said you’d want, we are not a “custom stuff” shop

LOL doesnt bing himself work at CARSTAR?

lol… yeah i work for corporate… if you’re in london do you work at Don’s or one of Wayne’s stores?

you guys would sub out wheel refinishing anyways wouldnt you?

If not, i’m pulling a favour :slight_smile:

Bing - give them to 401 and have them send them to Carcone’s for refinishing. The finished product will be better than OEM. (It’ll be like $150 a wheel btw)

would like to keep it under that amount… thanks for the heads up though.

do it yourself. Done so many that way and they turn out great if yiou take your time, and heat your cans.

i dont have that kind of time… unless i let Ving draw robots with dick’s on them maybe

I back this.

Or message Chris De La Cruz and see who he uses at their shop. They redid my euroline after I curbed the fuck out of it at CSCS… looked better than new, and balanced better.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I back this.

Or message Chris De La Cruz and see who he uses at their shop. They redid my euroline after I curbed the fuck out of it at CSCS… looked better than new, and balanced better.

Bings your price at Carcone’s shouldn’t be more than $110 a rim. That gun metal finish on some of the Infiniti rims does cost more money though. Quality of work and almost always two day return time, Carcone’s is the best option. They are a lot pickier about whether a rim can or can’t be fixed though.

Apparently they use powder coating for the clear coat which makes it a lot stronger then regular clear coats which does hold up better when changing tires.

i work at Don’s, and we used to sublet them out, but as long as they arent bent we fix them

I thought bright side under coatings was like $85/ wheel?

Don’t quote me.

they’re going to Wheel Wizards through a CARSTAR… where is Carcone’s?

lol at robot dicks

Up by Canada’s Wonderland.

i got my wheels back… not happy with the price or the final product but whatever… next time i’ll go as bing from bings.ca rather than through CARSTAR… i thought it would work in my favour this time but it didnt.

there is a 90% chance i’m going to put them on the car in January for a while just because i feel like it.

^ post pics?
im curious

i will.

i actually put them on my car tonight and will be driving around on them until it actually snows… or even when it snows :slight_smile:

my s14 is wintered out so i’ll just drive that if i need to.

the set up is 19x10 +30 squared. plus i am running my 20mm spacers and ARP studs squared as well so 19x10 +10 effectively on all four. i started out with 10mm up front but it was fggt spec. Also required special lugs since 370z’s use some super stupid lug nuts… like i had with my weld draglites.

255/35/19 and 275/35/19 Ventux V12’s… which are pretty shit btw… i have like 16,000km;s on them and the rears are like 50% or worse.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401190_10151151800190179_542005178_22610259_1720362186_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394144_10151151759255179_542005178_22610202_1730212072_n.jpg

ohhh nice the wheels look pretty good on a G…
hows the drifting fun? :wink: