RIP 104.9

YESSS, more country :slight_smile:

Yes, country FTW, but i didnt mind listening to 104.9 once in a while. It would have been much better to see 102.3 go.

^this.

1049 was the best rock station WTF!! Fuck XM, fuck local broadcasting, and fuck pandora!

The thing with 107.7 and 107.1 is they play the same new full retard “pop” music over and over again. The shit isnt even country music for one, and i probably just heard it on 102.3 as well.

yea does suck that it’s gone, I do love country but 104.9 was a good rock station. I wouldn’t have minded NPR going away :lol

stuff like this makes me love sirius even more.

XM Radio ftw

they suck big dick ever since they merged, commercials FTL

Wtf i thought it was a joke myself.Now this sucks ass.I love country but when i listen it will be 107.7

Sirius 100 > Sirius 38 > iPod > 106.5 > 96.3 > other shit

This morning I had it on and they were playing some classic rock songs like Welcome to the Machine by Pink Floyd (which they fucked up and started over) and an Ozzy song and then a Montgomery Gentry song. I was like WTF? This must be a joke but after the 3rd country song I realized it wasnt a joke.

I ended up listening to that station most of the day when I was driving during work. No commercials FTW.
I know they were advertising all week that this weekend was going to be commercial free but somehow they left out the switching to country part.

I listened to parts of Mulrooney’s show this morning and even he didnt mention it. Is his show still going to be on?

As far as 107.7 goes I cant stand those two assholes Sean and Richie. They mumble and whisper to each other after every song. The parody songs are funny but thats it. They blow.

The rock stations around here seem to be stuck in a '90’s time warp.
All I ever hear is Pearl Jam, STP, Bush, Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Now even PYX is playing most of those. I like PYX for music like Led Zeppelin, not '90’s shit.

Im hoping this station doesnt play the same shit over and over like 107.7 does. Its like a guarantee that youre gonna hear the same 5 songs every hour. 107.1 is a little better because they mix in some classic country every now and then and I like hearing songs from when I was a kid and older ones than that. Their reception is nowhere near as good as 107.7 though. I cant even pick it up in Albany but 107.7 comes in perfectly in Pittsfield.

And the girls at Country Fest were way hotter than the ones at Edge Fest. Most Edge Fest girls were 300 pound hogs with piercings everywhere and hardly recognizable as females. Country Fest has hot drunk girls in bikini’s.

FUCK COUNTRY… FUCK FUCK FUCKKKKK

the edge was a good station…but another country station could be nice imo…i wanna hear some of the older stuff late 70s-early 90s

I like the old shit too. I wish 107.7 would play the old songs at another time besides 6-9 am on a Sunday.

I just went to www.albanyedge.com and it still shows it as The Edge and rock shit on it but the streaming song thing shows the country songs.

Its like they only partially changed the site.

Sean lives 2 houses up from me :slight_smile: But I dont talk to him (flamer)

fuckkkk that shit…107.7 is the country station for the 518, and the edge will ALWAYS be the rock station, 103.1 as sucked for a while now and the q103 just plain old sucks since they always play shit from their retarded morning show all day

Let me bring you to country fest and youll change your mind quick :lol

topless females with cowboy hats… ive never felt so at home in my life

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/2010/02/22/daily43.html

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=3c317c9cfad90113c066ba723d7d1d06&topic=163234